VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Add Buyers to Joomla Groups for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Plugin fields not showing. 26 Jun 2014 20:57 #1

• batjoro
  • batjoro's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I have configured the plugin, but when i go to the product custom field, i select the pulgin, click apply and the drop downs where i should select shopper group does not appear at all.

Tried it both on FF and Chrome. Sending attachment.
PHP version is 5.3.12, joomla 2.5.17, VM 2.0.16
Attachments:

Plugin fields not showing. 14 Jul 2014 23:27 #2

That's really strange. Does your webserver log show any PHP warnings/error messages that indicate that the drop down box could not be created?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Plugin fields not showing. 18 Jul 2014 19:10 #3

• batjoro
  • batjoro's Avatar Topic Author
The only warning that I see is this:
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, second array member is not a valid method in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/html.php on line 87

If you want I can send you user and pass for the backend so you can check this issue. Thanks.

Plugin fields not showing. 04 Sep 2014 17:37 #4

• shawnp
Hi Reinhold, I am the Customer that purchased Add Buyers to Joomla Groups Plugin and my dev. batjoro has attempted to implement the Plugin and has been unsuccessful.

I purchased the plugin in hopes of its functionality integrating into my Joomla/VM site.
Can you please help us fully integrate this plugin? Its been months since I purchased and I have not gotten my moneys worth.

I will try and reach you at you other outlets as well to get this matter addressed.

batjoro replied and suggested that you look at the back-end. Please consider this as we need this up an running. We can give you the back-end access.... I look forward to you reply. Thanks

Plugin fields not showing. 04 Sep 2014 21:51 #5

Dear Shawn, dear Batjoro,
while reading your initial message again, I noticed that you are using quite an outdated version of VirtueMart. You should be aware that all versions up to VirtueMart 2.0.22 contain serious security issues!
virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/446-impo...at-joomladay-germany
virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/445-virt...nd-important-updates

Upon further thought, that old version also explains the problem you are having: The plugin relies on a small feature that was added in newer VM versions, but is not in your version. The log error confirms this, because in newer VM versions, this very case is actually handled.

If you cannot (or don't want to) update to the latest VirtueMart version, you can manually add the corresponding three lines of code to one of the VirtueMart core files to fix the problem. In particular, in the latest VirtueMart version the file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/html.php contains the following code starting at line 85:
    static function row($func,$label){
		$VmHTML="VmHTML";
		if (!is_array($func)) {
			$func = array($VmHTML, $func);
		}
		$passedArgs = func_get_args();
		array_shift( $passedArgs );//remove function
		array_shift( $passedArgs );//remove label

In contrast, your version of VM contains the following code at line 70:
    static function row($func,$label){
		$VmHTML="VmHTML";
		$passedArgs = func_get_args();
		array_shift( $passedArgs );//remove function
		array_shift( $passedArgs );//remove label

As you see, the change in newer VM versions is the added
		if (!is_array($func)) {
			$func = array($VmHTML, $func);
		}

Simply add these lines to your VM code and the plugin should work. You don't have to worry about updates (i.e. most manual changes to the VM code would be overwritten when you update VM), because if you update your VM installation to the latest version, that version already has that code included...

I hope this helps,
Reinhold
  • Page: