VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Ordernumbers for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PHP Error Messages 12 Apr 2016 01:10 #1

• jawad
  • jawad's Avatar Topic Author
Hi there,

I am trying to use this plugin to generate invoice numbers with the PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Professional plugin. But when I enable your plugin to generate invoice numbers, the plugin fails to create invoice numbers. Checking my debug log I can see the following PHP errors being generated which may be causing this:
[11-Apr-2016 23:02:07 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: settings in /plugins/woocommerce-advanced-ordernumbers/ordernumbers_woocommerce.php on line 426
[11-Apr-2016 23:02:32 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /plugins/woocommerce-advanced-ordernumbers/ordernumbers_woocommerce_basic.php on line 472

Can you confirm this?

Many Thanks,
Jawad

PHP Error Messages 12 Apr 2016 13:04 #2

• jawad
Hello,

Also, we are getting messages that tracking is not working. After checking, I have found after disabling your plugin and letting WooCommerce generate order numbers the tracking started working. Otherwise, if I use your plugin the order number that is generated, if used on the track order page this error is given: 'Sorry, we could not find that order ID in our database.'

Checking debug log, I have also found this error message:
11-Apr-2016 22:56:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get_order_number() on a non-object in /home/inerno08/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-advanced-ordernumbers/ordernumbers_woocommerce.php on line 219

Please can you check and let me know?

Many Thanks,
Jawad

PHP Error Messages 17 Apr 2016 16:12 #3

Dear Jawad,
Thank you for the issue report,
You indeed ran into an bug, which we made in our last round of updates to other invoicing plugins. We have fixed those issues and released version 1.3.2 of the plugin, which should fix the invoice creation issue.

Regarding the tracking issues, I would guess that it was also caused by the crashes during invoice number creation. Could you please check and tell us whether version 1.3.2 fixes the tracking issues, too.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PHP Error Messages 18 Apr 2016 00:59 #4

• jawad
Hello Reinhold,

Thanks for fixing the invoice issue. I can successfully generate invoice numbers with the plugin activated.

Unfortunately this did not fix the tracking. I am using WooCommerce default tracking page: github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/blob/ma...s/order/tracking.php

If I disable the plugin and go to WooCommerce Orders page it shows the original Order Number generated by WooCommerce and this number works when using on the track an order page. However, with your plugin enabled and trying to use the order number generated from your plugin causes the error message: 'Sorry, we could not find that order ID in our database.'

You should be able to replicate this on your end as well?

Many Thanks,
Jawad

PHP Error Messages 21 Apr 2016 22:36 #5

Dear Jawad,
Sorry to hear the tracking is still broken. The error message seems to indicate that something in your tracking plugin seems to assume that the order number is the order id, which is not correct with our plugin (and neither with the WooThemes sequential ordernumbers plugin)...

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Which tracking plugin are you using?
That WooCommerce tracking page you linked simply emits the woocommerce_order_tracking_status trigger, which is then processed by your tracking solution (stock WooCommerce does not handle this trigger at all). My guess is that the tracking plugin you use (maybe included in your shipping plugin?) wrongly assumes that the order number is the order ID...

Could you please tell me which tracking and/or shipping plugin you use?
Just to be sure: Which other plugins do you have installed that might interfere with the WooCommerce order handling?

Best regards,
Reinhold

PHP Error Messages 22 Apr 2016 00:42 #6

• jawad
Hi Reinhold,

I have disabled all my plugins apart from WooCommerce and Advanced numbers and I am still able to reproduce this. I am not using a plugin or anything for order tracking, it is the defaults WooCommerce Tracking.

Steps to replicate:

1) Create a page and use shortcode: [woocommerce_order_tracking]

2) Create an order with WooCommerce Advanced Numbers enabled

3) Use the order number generated from WooCommerce Advanced Numbers on the tracking page you created earlier with the associated email address

4) This produces the error

Please help urgently. My customers are complaining they are unable to track their orders. If you have Skype I would be happy to have a quick conversation to clear this up with you.

Many Thanks,
Jawad

PHP Error Messages 22 Apr 2016 02:04 #7

Dear Jawad,
Thank you for explaining the steps in detail. I was for some reason thinking of shipment tracking, which is not directly available in WC...

With that setup I was able to reproduce the issue. Actually, the tracking page explicitly asks for the order ID, so the default behavior is consistent (because the user didn't enter the order ID, but the order number).
I have now modified the plugin return the order ID to the tracking page given the order number.

Please update to version 1.3.3 of the plugin, which I have released just a few moments ago. In my local tests, that version fixes the tracking issue, too.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PHP Error Messages 22 Apr 2016 11:07 #8

• jawad
Hi Reinhold,

Thank you!! It is working now, apologies for the misunderstanding. Thank you for updating and fixing issue so quickly.

Also, can I ask you about global counters and custom variables? How to use this?

I read your documentation but I am still confused.

Many Thanks,
Jawad

PHP Error Messages 27 Apr 2016 12:49 #9

Dear Jawad,

-) Global Counters: Let's look at an order format "O-[year]-#", which produces numbers like: O-2016-1, O-2016-2, O-2016-3, etc.

A global counter will simply increase every time a new number is generated, i.e. when 2017 comes, the numbers go like: O-2016-134, O-2016-135, O-2017-136, O-2017-137, etc. So, in 2017 the number does not reset for global counters.

Format-specific counters, on the other hand start from 1 when any of the variables in the format changes. In our case, there is one counter for 2016 (O-2016-#) and for 2017 the plugin uses a new counter (O-2017-#), which starts from 1.

2) Custom variables can be used e.g. to use a completely different format if a certain product or category is bought. Other uses are to include the country name/shortcode, but combine several countries to one shortcode (like, all EU-countries should have "EU" in the number).

To use a different format when a certain category is bought, you can add a custom variable definition:
if Categories contain "categoryA" => Set variable "ordernumber_format" to "Nr-[year]-[month]-SPECIAL-#"

Or you can define your own variable, e.g. to distinguish orders above 150€ and below 150€ (since there are different legal requirements, you might want to have different numbering schemes for small and large orders):

Number format: O-[year]-[smalllarge]-#

Custom variables
If Amount >= 150 then set variable "smallarge" to "LARGE"
If Amount < 150 then set variable "smallarge" to "SMALL"

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: