VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Ordernumbers for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Update error ... 26 May 2016 22:44 #1

• entangledweb
  • entangledweb's Avatar Topic Author
An error occurred while updating Woocommerce Advanced Ordernumbers: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Update error ... 26 May 2016 22:46 #2

• iai
Same here

Update error ... 26 May 2016 23:46 #3

I'm unable to reproduce the issue (that is, my first try also caused an error, but after that, everything went fine, and I cannot reproduce the error on any of our test installations, either)

Are you still experiencing the issue?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Update error ... 27 May 2016 00:01 #4

• iai
Yes. It's still here:

An error occurred while updating Woocommerce Advanced Ordernumbers: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Update error ... 27 May 2016 05:04 #5

• entangledweb
When doing the update though the Plugin tab:

Update Failed: Plugin update failed.

When doing it through the Dashboard Update:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…
Updating Plugin Woocommerce Advanced Ordernumbers (1/1)

Downloading update from www.open-tools.net/index.php?option=com_...number=&order_pass=…
Unpacking the update…

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

Same error happens on a client's site on a totally different server.

Both are running WP 4.5.2 ... you got a problem, please fix it.

Update error ... 27 May 2016 12:06 #6

Dear EntangledWeb,
Thank you for the output, which shows the technical cause of the issue: To be able to download the automatic updates, you'll need to enter the update credentials (the order number and password as given in the order confirmation mail). The plugin download is password-protected, so automatic updates need to use that password.

The error checking and the corresponding messages in this case are clearly lacking, which we will try to improve in future versions (in particular, without a valid order number and password the update link should not be included in the update message, but rather a hint or a link to enter the update credentials should be added. And if the download fails due to missing/invalid update credentials, a better error message needs to be shown.

For now, if you enter the order number/password in the update credentials, the update should work.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Update error ... 27 May 2016 15:04 #7

• entangledweb
Nope, same thing happens after updating my Credentials. I used the Update link under Plugins and the Update link under Dashboard ... got the same error messages.

However, on the 3rd update attempt use the update link under Plugins, I get:

Lets the user freely configure the order numbers in WooCommerce.
Version 1.3.4 | By Open Tools | View details | Check for updates | Plugin Documentation | Support Forum
Updated!

Thank you.

Update error ... 01 Jun 2016 08:11 #8

Dear EntangledWeb,
Yes, thank you for your feedback.
You are right, after entering the update credentials, it takes a bit of time to update the download link (because the update check has to be triggered and needs to finish). So until that download URL has updated, one still gets the old error. That's another issue we'll have to take into account fixing the update system.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Update error ... 03 Jun 2016 18:31 #9

• entangledweb
As you probably have figured, the update finally worked.

Thank you.

[SOLVED] Update error ... 03 Jun 2016 18:31 #10

• entangledweb
Problem solved.
  • Page: