VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 28 Mar 2014 14:39 #1

• squawk
  • squawk's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

Do you have a demo version available for Downloads for Sale Plugin?
I would like to make sure that it work when used in conjuction with any other cutom fields.
I am use shipping fot virtue products but it doesn't work when used with other custom field plug is.
I told that it a problem with the version of virtuemart it's self but I can't upgrade due to the changes I had to make to the virtuemart files.
Also when I tried to install the new virtuemart on a mirrored site I got new issues!
So i would like to test the plug-in in place of virtue products alone with the other custom field plugins before purchasing the full product.

Hope you can help

Many Thanks

Anthony Clarke

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 29 Mar 2014 13:07 #2

I have a demo/test server available at demo.kainhofer.com/ where you can play around with the plugin. Does that suffice?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 31 Mar 2014 16:05 #3

• squawk
Hi

Sorry I replied eariler to thte message's email but just in case you didn't get the reply here it is again.

Hi Reinold

Many thanks for the reply.
I was hoping that you may have a time restricted version or something like this so I can install it into the site where I've been having problems, just to make sure it works with the setup I have.
I have been told that the problem I have is caused by the version of Virtuemart mart I have when using more than one custom field plugin but I need both and I cannot upgrade easily.

Also the link you sent me appears to have been hacked? (Obviously you knew and this is now resolved!)

Regards

Anthony Clarke

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 01 Apr 2014 11:13 #4

• squawk
Hi

Just a quick question.

I've purchased your plugin but as with the other virtual product plugin it's not showing on either the invoice or order page.

Was this plugin working in 2.0.20b of virtuemart when used in conjuction wtih other custom field plugins?

If not do you know how I can get it working.
I'm using another product called catproducts on some products but the download link isn't appearing regardless if this other custom field is used or not?

Many Thanks

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 04 Apr 2014 12:04 #5

• squawk
Hi

I just recieved your kind email but just in case you didn't get my reply I thought I'd copy it here as well.

Once again many thanks.

Many thanks for showing me your trust.

However I did buy the plug in earlier this week, however like the other module I bought for this purpose the links are not showing up either in the email or on the users account?
I'm using other custom field plugins (Catproduct) and I believe this is a problem with the version of virtuemart I'm using (2.0.20b).
However I can't upgrade because of the core changes I needed to make to get the site working and looking the way the client demanded.
This is why I tried your product hoping I could overcome the problems.

I did have the first plugin and catproduct working side by side however once the client reordered the child items the link vanished?
I tried both your plugin and the first one on a fresh page with no other plug ins but still no joy?

If you can offer any help I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks

Anthony Clarke

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 04 Apr 2014 12:10 #6

Are you using a generic child variant custom field? VM is known not to properly handle the custom fields in that case (the children's custom fields are NOT shown, but as soon as you select a child variant, the parent's custom fields are also not available to the plugins any more by default).

Milbo promised that with VM 2.5 the custom fields will work better, but I have not yet had a chance to properly test this.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Demo version of your Downloads for Sale Plugin 04 Apr 2014 12:23 #7

• squawk
What I'm doing is creating a parent product with two child pages, one with a downloadable verison of the other. (A hard copy and a pdf version in fact) I'm then using a plugin called Catproducts to show both cart options on the parent page (please see the attached).

Now like I say I have had this working untill they were reoredered, the odd thing is that I can't now get the downloadable version (either yours or the other version) working on a new page using only the downloadable verison ie now child/parent pages.
Attachments:
  • Page: