VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Download link disappears 28 Jan 2015 19:57 #1

• Suzetted
  • Suzetted's Avatar Topic Author
Hi there
I have just purchased your plugin again (by mistake)
It has not worked for me the first time, and its still not working, even after the upgrade....

Once you have purchased the download, you can download the product only once and then it disappears.
If you buy multiple ebooks in one transaction, you might be lucky if it allows you two different downloads.
Then after that, all links disappear - even the ones you have not even downloaded yet.
This plugin is really not working for me and it is becoming a huge problem
My clients are upset every time they buy some ebooks and cannot download it.
And then I have to email it to them manually, which defies the object of having this plugin

Can you please help me fix this problem

Download link disappears 29 Jan 2015 23:56 #2

Dear Suzetted,

The problem with the downloads being unavailable after the first download ist usually a configuration issue:
In the custom field definition you can
- select which order statuses allow a download, and
- (optionally) an order status to set after a download.

From your description, I would guess that you let the plugin set the order status to a value that does not allow download.

I.e. I would suspect that you allow only order status "Confirmed", but let the order status set to "Shipped" after a download.
So, after the user makes a download, the order is set to "Shipped", which is a status that does not allow a download any more.

To solve the issue, please make sure to change the order status to a value that allows the download.

Best regards,
Reinhold Kainhofer
  • Page: