WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Demo

Blog

About

Forum

We are currently unable to provide proper support!

We are very sorry to announce that we are currently very busy working on some huge, very time-consuming and time-sensitive projects, so currently we are unable to provide proper support in our forums! We hope that after the conclusion by the end of July we will be able to properly answer all open support requests.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom price with no effect on purchase

Custom price with no effect on purchase 28 Apr 2016 00:54 #1

Hi Reinhold

I found this plugin when searching for a way to display a custom price in VM.

After reading documentation what we need is fairly simple in theory, show a price in each product with a value we enter and a custom label.

However we don't want this price to affect whatsoewer the purchase and we will use it as an information for customer.

This could be useful for us for showing product price + shipping costs.

I know I could use regular custom fields but your plugin seems to display in the price section for products. Is this possible?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Custom price with no effect on purchase 03 May 2016 15:19 #2

Dear Manuxx,
Our plugin allows the customer to add a certain amount to the default price, so by definition it modifies the price.

To just display a value without affecting the price you could just use a normal custom field on each product, where you enter the price as its value, but set 0 as the cost modification for the custom field...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Custom price with no effect on purchase 03 May 2016 15:24 #3

Thanks Reinhold, yes that was option 2 however your plugin shows in the product price dont know how you made that, cause there is no layout position for normal custom fields to be placed at the product prices layout.

Regards

Custom price with no effect on purchase 03 May 2016 23:21 #4

Dear Manuxx,
You can use the "addtocart" Layout position to place your custom field between the price display and the add to cart button.

The custom fields assigned to this layout position are printed out in the sublayout components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/addtocart.php (line 30 sets the layout position to 'addtocart' and lines 53-55 print out the custom fields assigned to that layout position).

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: Those line numbers and the sublayout refer to the latest VM version.

• Page:

VM - Shopping cart

x 

Cart empty

Login Formular