VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 29 May 2014 13:22 #1

• artfener
  • artfener's Avatar Topic Author
I'm unsuccessfully trying to reset order and invoice number to put store online.
I have deleted order from virtuemart, deleted invoices from db table "jictm_virtuemart_invoices, deleted order history from db table "jictm_virtuemart_order_histories" and set auto increment value to 1 for tables: "jictm_virtuemart_order_histories", " jictm_virtuemart_orders ", "jictm_virtuemart_invoices", but as you can see by attachment pdf invoice number is related to the total amount of test orders done today, also for order number.
All I need is to start from 1 with order and invoice number, than re-start from 1 for both when year changes (01-01-2015)

VM 2.0.26
Joomla 2.5.19

My Order number plugin configuration is:
Format of the order numbers: Ordine # [day]-[month]-[year]
Format of the invoice numbers: # [day]-[month]-[year]
for other settings see image by attachment.

Best Regards
Daniele Comello
Attachments:

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 04 Jun 2014 10:14 #2

Dear Daniele,
If you use "separate counter per format value", then the counter will start at 1 whenever any of the variables used in the format changes its value. In your case, this maeans that the counter will be per-day.
You can switch to a global counter, which will never be reset. Unfortunately, your wish to have the counter reset at the beginning of each year is currently not possible. If you include any other value than the year, then a yearly reset is not possible.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 04 Jun 2014 10:25 #3

• artfener
Thanks for your answer Reinhold,
I've disabled "Customize invoice numbers" after installing "Artio INVOICE", so if I have understood, the right way to have ordering number starting from 1 each new year is to check "Separate counter per format value" with this format: [day]-[month]-[year] #

Best regards
Daniele

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 04 Jun 2014 11:38 #4

Actually, no. With your format there is no way to reset the counter each year. For a description of how the plugin works in detail, see www.open-tools.net/forum/ordernumber-plu...er-format-value.html

Best regards, Reinhold

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 06 Jun 2014 11:19 #5

• artfener
Hi Reinhold,
could you please help me with another post:
www.open-tools.net/forum/ordernumber-plu...ation-by-length.html

I need help to calculate shipping rate for product sells by lenght (iron cable).

Best regards
Daniele

[SOLVED] Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 19 Jun 2014 19:09 #6

Problem solved.

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 04 Oct 2014 22:48 #7

I have now released version 1.12 of the ordernumber plugin, which allows the admin to configure in more detail when the counter is "reset" (internally, it is not really reset, but a new counter with a new name is started). In your case, the proper number format to have the counter reset yearly would be:
[day]-[month]-[year] #|[year] #

Of course, you'll have to enable "Separate counter per format value". (Notice, however, that if you already have orders, the counter would start from 1 again).

So, you probably have your shop set up now and don't want to change this. However, I'm posting this example in case someone else with a similar issue reads through our support forum and reads this thread.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 06 Oct 2014 10:05 #8

• artfener
Thanks for your answer Reinhold,
this means that if I will upgrade to 1.12 version, when new year will starts, new invoice will be 0001-day-month-2015?

Best regards,
Daniele

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 07 Oct 2014 13:14 #9

Yes and no. If you upgrade, nothing will change unless you change the configuration of the plugin. You'll need to change the invoice number format and set the counter to format-specific (NOT global).

The proper format for your desired invoice numbers would be:
#-[day]-[month]-[year]|#-[year]

However, if you change the plugin configuration now, the counter will start at 1 again.

To let the counter continue from your current number, you'll have to manually adjust the database, see open-tools.net/documentation/41-vm2-ordernumber-plugin-faq.html

In your case, the easiest approach is to change the database entry where number_type=1 from number_format="" to number_format="#-2014". You need to do this at roughly the same time as you change the plugin configuration. In particular, if any order comes in between the change of the configuration and the change in the database, that order will have a wrong invoice number...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 07 Oct 2014 16:58 #10

• artfener
Ok, so if I will do this change as you described on 31-12-2014, the first order/invoice of 2015 will starts from 01-month-2015?

Best Regards

Reset order and PDF invoice order issue 09 Oct 2014 21:32 #11

Yes, the format string that I gave makes the order or invoice numbers start from "1-01-01-2015" with the first number being the counter within the year.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: