VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Invoice and order numbers 21 Jun 2016 09:22 #1

• digitalconnect
  • digitalconnect's Avatar Topic Author
Hello there.

I have the same issue as this "solved" topic:
open-tools.net/forum/ordernumber-plugin/...er-numbers.html#7441

The issue is that when someone cancel a order, the next order and invoice does not have the same number. What can I do the number of order and invoice was always the same?

If someone have a suggestion, i would really appreciate it :)
Thanks in advance, M

Invoice and order numbers 23 Jun 2016 22:44 #2

Dear M,
Unfortunately, I don't have any idea. VirtueMart handles order and invoice numbers completely separate. Also, an order number is generated as soon as the order is submitted and the user is redirected e.g. to PayPal. If the user cancels PayPal, the order will be marked cancelled and the customer is returned to the checkout page. If he confirms again, a new order and a new order number is generated and the user is redirected to PayPal again. This means that potentially multiple orders are generated each time a user cancels the PayPal payment process. For this reason, order numbers are not really consecutive numbers for real orders, because lots of unfinished orders will be included. The invoice number, on the other hand is really only generated when an invoice is created, so many orders will not get an invoice number.

The only way I know is to set the invoice number to the order number, i.e. to set the invoice number format to
[ordernumber]
but that potentially leaves gaps in the invoice numbers, which at least in the EU is not allowed by the corresponding tax laws.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Invoice and order numbers 04 Jul 2016 01:10 #3

• digitalconnect
  • digitalconnect's Avatar Topic Author
Dear Reinhold,

Thank you for your clear explanation. We keep it like this because your right, we can not allow the invoicenumbers to have gaps.

Thanks again for your good response! M

[SOLVED] Invoice and order numbers 10 Jul 2016 14:25 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: