VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Order number increases by 2 instead of 1 for every 10 Jan 2017 15:11 #1

• patrick.bjurquist@freecodeint.no
  • patrick.bjurquist@freecodeint.no's Avatar Topic Author
After migrating from 2.x to 3.x my order numbers increase by 2 instead of 1 for some reason.
Before my order number and invoice number was the same and my Order ID as well (kept them synced by not deleting orders).
But now after an order is created and I create an Delivery note or an Invoice - that Delivery note or Invoice gets the next 'order number'.
----
Order number: 8900
Invoice number: 8901
----
Order number: 8902
Invoice number: 8903
----
etc

Plugin is set to GLOBAL on Orders and Invoices with same number on both 8901/8901 with simple format # and deactivated on Customer

I'm using;
- Klarna Checkout plugin for payments (developers.klarna.com/en/se/kco-v2/klarna-checkout-overview-v1)
- Advanced Ordernumbers for Virtuemart (open-tools.net/documentation/ordernumber...-for-virtuemart.html)

I've been up and down Google and Forums but haven't found any help so far. I'm a bit novice to this so apologize in advance if this is a really noob question.

Thank you in advance for your help!

//Patrick

System Information
Setting Value
VirtueMart 3.0.18
PHP Built On Linux vps1.ovv.no 2.6.32-573.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Feb 9 22:46:17 UTC 2016 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.43-MariaDB
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 5.6.29
Web Server Apache/2.2.22 (@RELEASE@)
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.6.0 Stable [ Noether ] 12-July-2016 21:14 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.95 Safari/537.36

Attachments:

Order number increases by 2 instead of 1 for every 14 Jan 2017 23:29 #2

Dear Patrick,
Sorry to hear you are running into problems with the ordernumber plugin after the migration.

Thanks for the configuration of the invoice numbers. What is your configuration of the order numbers?

Does the invoice always get the next number from the order number? I.e. are the two counters for some reason linked? You can check this if you make a test order that does not generate an invoice. Does the next order get the next number or do you still se a jump of two?
Internally, the plugin has a function that determines the previous counter, which has an additional flag for the type of counter (order, invoice, customer number). If the two counters appear really linked, then apparently this additional type flag is somehow broken.

If orders and invoices always jump one number, even if no invoice is created for one order, then it must be some problem with the order/invoice numbers not being properly written to the database so the next request for the order/invoice number recreates a new number (and then properly stores it to the database). That would be quite strange, but might still be technically possible. However, debugging remotely without direct access usually only works by thinking of all possible strange cases and then checking each of them.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: