VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

vminvoice in PDF file name 19 Apr 2017 20:31 #1

• aflordetiempo
  • aflordetiempo's Avatar Topic Author
Hi there!

I've seen a previous solved post on the language override for this but you also don't take into account the actual language the site is running in.

I have the site both in spanish and french, both have their language override for the COM_VIRTUEMART_FILEPREFIX_INVOICE language string properly set but the english version is still showing up instead of the translated one when creating the PDF file name.

vminvoice in PDF file name 22 Apr 2017 18:15 #2

Deare Aflordetiempo,
The code to create the PDF file name is inside the virtuemart core code and not at all influenced by our plugin.

Having said that, I just looked up that code again, and the file names ARE properly translated. However, if I'm not mistaken, that part of the code uses the Joomla backend language and not the frontend language...
In any case, this is a VirtueMart issue and cannot be solved by us in our plugin...

Best regards,
Reinhold

vminvoice in PDF file name 24 Apr 2017 14:31 #3

• aflordetiempo
OK. Thanks then. I'll tell someone in Joomla about it.
I have spanish set as the background language for my Joomla site and it still creates the vminvoice prefix for the filename. I can patch it tweaking the file with a false translation override.

Thanks for your time! ;)

vminvoice in PDF file name 24 Apr 2017 14:39 #4

• aflordetiempo
I mean, VM, not Joomla! ;)

[SOLVED] vminvoice in PDF file name 29 Apr 2017 18:57 #5

Problem solved.
  • Page: