VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping By Rules for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wrong Results, Questions, (NoShipping error) 25 Mar 2017 22:26 #1

• jöswe
  • jöswe's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Well, we have the following code but it seems that already the first noshipping (tested with noshipping1 ...5) option is somewhat incomplete/buggy.

old (not compatible) [ Click to expand ]

New (probably to be used if we ge advanced) [ Click to expand ]

So, i've got a product that is 60Lx40Wx0.2H 0.7kg f.e. - adding just that alone with valid zip i still get 0,- "Free Shipping" while it should be "4.80" and it displays " Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'noshipping1"'. " (noshipping1 = when setting "Comment="Name=<pre>All variables: {Values_Debug}</pre>; NoShipping1" and so on ... ".... 9999; NoShipping2", etc..)

We are aware that we will need the advanced shipping, yet would like to test the normal options and see if we're able to reach the aimed task.

NoShipping error 28 Mar 2017 22:03 #2

• jöswe
It seems rules in comments are still used (that shouldn't be - ignore everything in comments!), Deleting them:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

actually just the line alone
Name="Shipping up to 2kg"; MaxLength<100; MaxWidth<60; MaxHeight<60; Weight<=2; Articles<10; Shipping=4.60

I get: "Country (Free Shipping): 4.60€" (with an item in between L/W/H/W and ZIP). So - the calculation is right but the text is wrong! (and it doesn't take the free shipping from the rule above (see spoiler) cause: 1.) it happens with that rule alone. 2.) also if i translate it to diff. language)

Further: (just info to above post: It seems i misunderstood error/noshipping - so no error desc. needed if noshipping is set.)
Playing a bit with the cart, i sometimes see entries doubled like "Shipping yet not defined" 2x at red bar

Question: is it wise to still use shipping classes? like what to do with local pickup? It should be an additional class, except some conditions (like the invalid ZIP).

NoShipping error 08 Apr 2017 14:44 #3

Dear Jöswe,
1) The result is weird, as the plugin checks all rules and then only accesses the rule that matches. So the name of a previous rule is not stored when traversing the rules... Do you happen to have a test/development site available somewhere?

2) The double entries for warnings from the same method should not happen when you use VirtueMart's default checkout system. Some OPC plugins might have issues if they don't replace warnings from previous updates. Also, if you setup two shipping methods, each of them can print out such a warning independently, and the plugin won't be able to prevent this (as in VM each shipping methods is completely separate from each other).

3) Regarding shipping classes, it's perfectly fine to use categories or shipping classes to distinguish products for shipping purposes.

Best regards,
Reinhold

NoShipping error 09 Apr 2017 00:29 #4

• jöswe
Thank you for your answer.

1.) Yes, how can i safely let you know about it?

2.) Ah, we use WP/WooCommerce. I at least can reproduce it if i change the ZIP (happened also on other cases but not clear how it got there). And it would only go away if I enter another page or re-enter checkout etc.

3.) ok, thx

NoShipping error 11 Apr 2017 22:21 #5

Dear Jöswe,
1) Our email is office@open-tools.net
2) Ah, thanks for the pointer that you are using WooCommerce (this forum is for the VirtueMart version, I'll move this thread to the WooCommerce version).

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: