VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Please help me setup shipping in grams < :( 23 Jul 2013 12:56 #1

• Tobes
  • Tobes's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Im sorry but I just cant understand your shipping plugin, one thing really confusing me is why you have 4 decimal points 0.0000

1 Kilo is 1000 grams, so should it not be 0.000?

I have low weight products, around 100 grams, how do I make this work, this is what I have tried but very unsuccessful :(

Vshipment weight set to Gramme

Heres is my rule:

Name=Standard Shipping; 0.1001<=Weight<0.2500; Shipping=1.99;
Name=Free Shipping; 0.1000<=Weight<0.1000; Shipping=0

Whats the hell is 0.1000 that looks like 1 kilo to me, Im totally confused.

So my product shipping is set to Gramme

and the weight set to: 0.2000

When I add this to the cart, it says no shipping, aarrggh please some one explain to me in plain English how this works.

Thank You

Please help me setup shipping in grams < :( 24 Jul 2013 14:58 #2

The number of digits after the decimal point is not relevant, you can add an arbitrary number of zeros without changing the value.
1 gram is 0.001 kg, which is also identical to 0.00100000000000.

BTW, where did you get that 0.0000 number and format?

0.1000 kg is 1/10 kg, i.e. 100g. And 0.2000 kg (or equivalently 0.2 kg) is 200g.

But as you state that your plugin is set to use grams as the weight unit, a value of 0.1 means 1/10 of a gram! If you really want to compare the weight with 100g, you need to compare the weight with 100 (gram is implied) and use a condition

Name=Standard Shipping above 100g; 100<Weight<250; Shipping=1.99;
Name=Free Shipping up to 100g; Weight<=100; Shipping=0

Notice that the second rule ("Free Shipping") in your example does not make sense, because it says that the rule should only apply if the weight is at least 0.1, but strictly smaller thatn 0.1, which cannot both be the case at the same time. I don't think you want a lower bound, right?

I hope this helps,
Reinhold

Please help me setup shipping in grams < :( 19 Aug 2013 11:54 #3

• Tobes
I really appreciate you spending the time to explain that to me, sorry I didnt reply until now, been so busy lately.

Thanks

[SOLVED] Please help me setup shipping in grams < :( 19 Aug 2013 11:54 #4

• Tobes
Problem solved.
  • Page: