VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with Syntax for Categories 11 Dec 2013 21:30 #1

• ms@open-tools
  • ms@open-tools's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I entered the rules with Categories. The Rule should works as follow:

When one product of the Category 16 is in shopping cart, then expensive shipping named „DEUTSCHLAND DPD Gefahrgutversand“. When i have one product of the Category 16 in the cart and many others Products of another Category’s, then should by calculated also „DEUTSCHLAND DPD Gefahrgutversand“

But always when I have one Product of the Category 16 and i take in the cart one another Product of the another Category (not 16) the shipping plug-in calculated „DEUTSCHLAND DPD“
Name=DEUTSCHLAND DPD Gefahrgutversand; Weight<31; Categories==list(16); Shipping=12.56

Name=DEUTSCHLAND DPD; Weight<31; Shipping=7.52

Any help would be very appreciated

Thanks

Marcin

Problem with Syntax for Categories 11 Dec 2013 22:05 #2

"Categories==list(16)" means that all products have only category 16 (i.e. the list of all categories in the cart contains only category 16). If you want to check whether category 16 is among the categories, you can use a check like "16 in Categories":
Name=DEUTSCHLAND DPD Gefahrgutversand; Weight<31; 16 in Categories; Shipping=12.56

Problem with Syntax for Categories 11 Dec 2013 23:08 #3

• ms@open-tools
This work now.
Must by in this order:
Name=DEUTSCHLAND DPD Gefahrgutversand; Weight<31; 16 in Categories; Shipping=12.56

This work not! Is that right?

Many Thanks, Reinhold

Problem with Syntax for Categories 12 Dec 2013 00:20 #4

The plugin goes through the rules sequentially and uses the first rule that matches. In your second example, the first rule already matches, so the second (more restrictive) rule is never even considered.

Rule of thumb: Place the most restrictive rules first, a fallback / catch-all rule can be placed last.

Problem with Syntax for Categories 12 Dec 2013 00:47 #5

• ms@open-tools
Thanks, Reinhold

[SOLVED] Problem with Syntax for Categories 12 Dec 2013 20:52 #6

Problem solved.
  • Page: