VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping cost per product 25 Feb 2014 10:59 #1

• kpuche
  • kpuche's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
My shop has both "real" and "virtual" products (such as downloadable software) and I'm facing a problem I'm not sure I can solve here.
As long as the cart contains ONLY "real" OR "virtual" products, I can manage to calculate the appropriate shipping costs (thanks to the "Categories" filter), which is a flat rate for real products and is none for the virtual products.
But if my carts contains both kinds of products, the shipping cost stays free whereas I would like it to be calculated for the products that NEED to have one...
Is it possible to do that with Shipping by Rules plugin? Can the shipping cost be calculated for each product in the cart, setting it to zero for the software and applying my other rules for the other products in the cart?
Please tell me if I haven't made myself clear and sorry for my rusty english :)
Thanks in advance and best regards,
kpuche

Shipping cost per product 25 Feb 2014 14:17 #2

How do you want to calculate shipping costs for the real products?

If you want to have shipping costs per real product (e.g. 5€ for each real article in the cart), then I'm afraid the plugin is currently unable to do it. The reason is that the plugin provides no way to find out the number of articles in a given category.

As a workaround you can (mis)use the article weight (or width/length/height/packaging): If you set that property to 1 for all real product and to 0 for all virtual products, then the Weight (or TotalWidth/TotalLength/TotalHeight/TotalPackaging) variable contains the number of real articles (each counted with its quantity).

If you want to have flat-rate shipping costs if an order contains real products, then it might be easier.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping cost per product 25 Feb 2014 14:56 #3

• kpuche
Thanks again for your fast answer!
Your idea is interesting, though I'm not sure about how to make that work...
Here are my current rules:
Name=Test; 15 in Categories; Shipping=0 
Name=Taux 1; Amount<200; Shipping=15
Name=Taux 2; Amount>=200; Amount<=400; Shipping=20
Name=Taux 3; Amount>400; Shipping=Amount*0.04

As my shipping cost is based on the cart amount (and not on the number of products, for example), I don't think I can use the weight property to get what I need...

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks again and best regards,
kpuche

Shipping cost per product 27 Feb 2014 21:13 #4

Do I understand you correctly that the shipping cost in your case should only be calculated from the amount of the real products?

I'm afraid that's currently just not possible. The trick with weight is unfortunately unable to handle e.g. discounts and taxes...

Sorry,
Reinhold

Shipping cost per product 03 Mar 2014 17:48 #5

• kpuche
Don't be sorry, your plugin is very very useful!
I managed to write some rules that are quite ok for what I need.

Thanks for the great support and keep up the good work!
Best regards,
kpuche
  • Page: