VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Issue with wrong weight calculation 10 Oct 2014 18:08 #1

• artfener
  • artfener's Avatar Topic Author
I have an issue regarding a live site, it's about weight calculation.
If you try to put this product in the cart (q.ty=1):
www.gambasafety.com/linea-vita/prodotti/...-round-d-detail.html

And then try to add 1 or more items, when you will update cart the shipment method “TNT TRACO” will display a wrong weight (this product weight is 4 kg per unit), so advanced shipping rates formules will not be able to calculate the right shipping price.

These are a few of them working for zip between 64010 to 67100

Name=Consegne standard 24/48 ore fino a 1 kg; 64010<=ZIP<=67100; Weight<=1; Shipping=10.00
Name=Consegne standard 24/48 ore da 1 a 5 kg; 64010<=ZIP<=67100; 1<Weight<=5; Shipping=11.00
Name=Consegne standard 24/48 ore oltre 5 kg - Peso dell'ordine: {weight}Kg; 64010<=ZIP<=67100; Weight>5; Shipping=11.00 + (floor((Weight-5)/1))*0.45

Software version is
vm2 rules shipping v4.2
VirtueMart 2.6.10
Joomla! 2.5.26

Can someone please help me?
Daniele Comello

Issue with wrong weight calculation 10 Oct 2014 22:35 #2

Dear Daniele,
That behavior is really strange. It appears as if the weight is multiplied with the quantity twice, i.e. if you buy 5 copies of that article, the weight appears to be 25*4=100kg instead of 5*4=20kg. If you buy 6, the weight is 36*4=144kg, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this behavior on any of my sites.

Are you using any other VirtueMart plugin? In particular, how are you implementing the "Altezza distanziale" dropdown box? Or are there any other custom field or calculation plugins for VirtueMart enabled on your site.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Issue with wrong weight calculation 12 Oct 2014 22:33 #3

• artfener
  • artfener's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks Reinhold,
it seems like items quantity is multiplied by itself then per weight.
The only other plugin activated is istraxx customsize plugin, I tried to disable it but it doesen't fix the wrong behavior,"Altezza distanziale" dropdown box is implemented by product custom field

Best regards
Daniele
Attachments:

Issue with wrong weight calculation 17 Oct 2014 12:31 #4

The problem was in a third-party custom change of my plugin, where the third-party developer who modified my plugin multiplied with the quantity twice.. The original version of the plugin distributed here works fine.

Best regards,
Reinhold

[SOLVED] Issue with wrong weight calculation 17 Oct 2014 12:32 #5

Problem solved.
  • Page: