VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Manfacturers Array not Parsing as Expected 15 Feb 2015 09:10 #1

• fleskit
  • fleskit's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I have a website that is using the Manufacturer ID as a way of detecting whether a product can meet a certain delivery window. I am trying to pick up values in the Manufacturers array using Advanced Shipping Rules but the results are not what I expected. I have four Manufacturers whose IDs are 7, 8, 9 and 10. (These represent same day, 24hr, 48hr and four day dispatch windows; the site is not concerned with manufacturer per se)

The idea is that if a product is chosen then we can look up the manufacturer ID and determine whether the product can be dispatched in a certain time frame. So, if a product is chosen than can be dispatched within 24 hours then the dispatch methods 24hrs, 48hrs and 4 days will become available as options.

If two or more items are chosen the we want to offer a dispatch time of the lowest common value. For instance if two products are order with a dispatch time of same day and two days then only the four days and two days will be offered as delivery options.

I have four shipping methods, each has one rule that are picking up these IDs. The rules are:

Method 1 - Same Day)
contains_only(Manufacturers,7); Shipping=basePrice*.37

Method 2 - 24hrs)
contains_only(Manufacturers,7,8); Shipping=basePrice*.23

Method 3 - 48hrs)
contains_only(Manufacturers,7,8,9); Shipping=basePrice*.11

Method 4 - 4 Days)
Shipping=0

However, none of this seems to be working as expected. I notice that the Manufacturers list is a list of arrays while vendors and categories seem not to be (understandable as a product can be sourced from more than one manufacturer). Has this something to do with it? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Bill

Virtuemart = v3.0.4
Joomla 3.3.6
Advanced Shipping Rules 4.3

Manfacturers Array not Parsing as Expected 15 Feb 2015 12:17 #2

• fleskit
  • fleskit's Avatar Topic Author
I have solved the issue but not using the rules I expected to work. My four delivery methods are now:

Method 1 - Same Day)
8 in Manufacturers OR 9 in Manufacturers OR 10 in Manufacturers; NoShipping
7 in Manufacturers; Shipping=basePrice*.37

Method 2 - 24hrs)
9 in Manufacturers OR 10 in Manufacturers; NoShipping
7 in Manufacturers OR 8 in Manufacturers; Shipping=basePrice*.23

Method 3 - 48hrs)
10 in Manufacturers; NoShipping
7 in Manufacturers OR 8 in Manufacturers OR 9 in Manufacturers; Shipping=basePrice*.11

Method 4 - 4 Days)
Shipping=0

I would like to know, however, what I was doing wrong. I still think that the first approach seems correct as it nicely encapsulates the rule in one line. What am I missing?

Manfacturers Array not Parsing as Expected 20 Feb 2015 19:25 #3

Hello,
The issue with the manufacturers list was fixed in version 4.99. The latest version 5.0 should have the manufacturers list in the expected form.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: