VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Joomla 3 UK postcodes not working 11 May 2015 18:15 #1

• jon2396
  • jon2396's Avatar Topic Author
I hve bought the advanced plugin version and using with UK postcodes. Simple post codes rules do not seem to work. For example:
Post code is RG17 0HQ

Rule:
Name=Shipping Charge; UK_Inward=="0HQ"; Shipping=0
Name=Shipping; Shipping=20;

Result all postcodes show shipping of 30
RG17 0HQ also shows 30 and not 0
Please can you tell me if this has been tested on Joomla 3 or is there something wrong with th rule I am using?
Thanks

Joomla 3 UK postcodes not working 11 May 2015 22:22 #2

Dear John,
I have tried this rule on both a Joomla 2.5 / Virtuemart 2.6 and a Joomla 3.4 / Virtuemart 3.0 installation, and in both cases the rule worked fine.

What irritates me with your description is that you say that all postcodes will get a shipping of 30, while in the rule you define shipping to be 20 except for the UK_Inward=="0HQ" case...
Are you sure you are looking at the correct shipping method?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Joomla 3 UK postcodes not working 12 May 2015 09:51 #3

• jon2396
  • jon2396's Avatar Topic Author
Sorry Reinhard, mistake in my post. Rule should say shipping=30.
Thanks for this and your other reply. We will test some more today and get back with more detail.

Kind regards
John
  • Page: