VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Selecting tax rule doesn't respect countries 31 Jul 2015 13:53 #1

• smhr
  • smhr's Avatar Topic Author
I have a tax rule that is only applied to EU countries.
And I have shipping rules with different zones. Now I assign each zone that tax rule, but the tax rule is always added to the price no matter whether the tax rule is assigned to that country or not.

What can I do about this? Is this a bug in the plugin?

Selecting tax rule doesn't respect countries 02 Aug 2015 16:33 #2

Dear Smhr,
The explicit selection of a tax rule is meant to override the default behavior (i.e. to force VM to apply a particular tax rule, even if the tax rule conditions are not met or they would apply do a different country). I think what you actually want is to apply the default tax rule (which should take the country of the order into account).
Can you please try whether it works as you expect when you select the default taxation in the country zone?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Selecting tax rule doesn't respect countries 16 Sep 2015 20:15 #3

• smhr
  • smhr's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks, that was helpful.
I got it working now by selecting the default taxation.

However, in the taxation rules, I had to use the type "VatTax", not "Tax". Only "VatTax" is applied to the shipping cost.

[SOLVED] Selecting tax rule doesn't respect countries 23 Sep 2015 22:34 #4

Problem solved.

You are right, VirtueMart only applies VatTax to shipping, but not other types of tax. That is by design and a decision of the virtuemart core developers.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: