VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free shipping if is buyed 4 items from same produc 19 Oct 2015 18:16 #1

• luciffere
  • luciffere's Avatar Topic Author
I want to buy this plugin but i need to know if it made a free shipping if is buyed 4 items from same product. I want to sell tyres and if a customer buy 4 same tyres he have free shipping. Thank you.

Free shipping if is buyed 4 items from same produc 20 Oct 2015 01:33 #2

Dear Luciffere,
The devil lies in the details, as usual:
If a customer buyes a set of 4 idential tyres, do I understand you correctly that the whole order is shipped free of charge, even if the customer buys many other products in the same order?
What if a customer buys four different tyres? Does he get free shipping, or do you give free shipping only for sets of four identical tyres?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping if is buyed 4 items from same produc 20 Oct 2015 06:36 #3

• luciffere
  • luciffere's Avatar Topic Author
Free shipping only for four identical tyres. If the buyer buy another products in same order, the shipping remain free as long as the 4 identicaly items are in cart.

Free shipping if is buyed 4 items from same produc 25 Oct 2015 21:38 #4

Dear Luciffere,
This scenario (free shipping if the customer buys a quantity of at least 4 units of a product from a certain category) was not possible in previous versions. We have now released a new version 5.7 of the plugin, where we added variables MaxQuantity (the quantity of the product with the most units ordered) and MinQuantity (the quantity of the product with the least units ordered), which you can now use. If you have only tyres in your shop, then the corresponding rule would be:
Name="Free Shipping for 4 identical tyres"; MaxQuantity>=4; Shipping=0
... [Your other rules when the customer buys less than 4 identical tyres]

If you also sell other products and the 4-tyres minimum for free shipping should only apply to products from a certain category (tyres; I will assume a category ID of 42), then the rule would be:
Name="Free shipping for 4 identical tyres"; evaluate_for_categories(MaxQuantity, 42)>=4; Shipping=0
... (Your other rules when the customer buys less than 4 identical tyres)

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: