VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping by zipcode plus free shipping 10 Dec 2015 09:36 #1

• g39n22e
  • g39n22e's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, i cannot figure out the logic on this: I want for specific zip codes to have free shipping for all items over 40€. I also want for specific items no matter what they cost to always have shipping unless they are combined with other products (they buy at least two) again for those specific zip codes to have free shipping for over 40€. All other zipcodes they wil have shipping costs.

I tried this first according to the tutorial instructions and i get this error: " evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part '17778 and amount'."

Name=Free shipping; 10400<=ZIP>17778 AND Amount=>40; Shipping=0
Name=Less than 40; 10400<=ZIP>17778 AND Amount<40; Shipping=6

Shipping by zipcode plus free shipping 13 Dec 2015 13:55 #2

Dear g39n22e,
By "free shipping for all items over 40€" do you mean that all products that cost more than 40€ are excluded from shipping cost calculation and the shipping cost shall only be based on all products that cost less than 40€? That is currently not possible.
Or do you mean that the order gets free shipping if the order total amount is 40€ or more. This is what you use in your rule.

The error message indicates that you are using the free version of the plugin, but the "AND" operator requires the paid version.
On the other hand, you don't need the AND operator. Simply write two conditions (one for ZIP and one for amount). For a rule to match, all conditions have to match, so effectively this does the same as the AND operator:
Name=Free shipping; 10400<=ZIP<17778; Amount=>40; Shipping=0
Name=Less than 40; 10400<=ZIP<17778; Amount<40; Shipping=6
Also notice that you wrongly had a > in the zip check (10400<=ZIP>17778 means that the ZIP has to be larger or equal to 10400 and it has to be larger than 17778... I suppose you meant smaller than 17778).

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: With the paid version of the plugin, there are some ways to exclude certain products from the shipping calculation by assigning special-purpose categories to them. Then you can use the function evaluate_for_categories to get the desired quantities for all other articles. See e.g. open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...t-of-a-category.html or open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...-shipping-costs.html or open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...n-products.html#6259

Shipping by zipcode plus free shipping 14 Dec 2015 08:38 #3

• g39n22e
  • g39n22e's Avatar Topic Author
If i buy the paid version will you help me configure it because im worried i'll mix up all those ifs and ands

Shipping by zipcode plus free shipping 30 Dec 2015 13:46 #4

Dear g39n22e,
I am sure you understand that we cannot configure your webshop for you without additional compensation. We can, however, provide general support and help here at the forum (time permitting) if you run into problems configuring it yourself.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: