VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free shipping by category doesn't work 31 May 2016 10:48 #1

• huynguyen1210
  • huynguyen1210's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
I'm using plg_opentools_vm_rules_shipping_advanced_v6.1.3
I want to set free shipping in a category (id=32). I tried some methods but it doesn't work
Name= Free Shipping; 32 in Categories; Shipping=0
Name="Free shipping of Books only"; Categories==list(32); Shipping=0
Name="Free Shipping"; contains_only(categories, 32); Shipping=0

Free shipping by category doesn't work 01 Jun 2016 08:14 #2

Dear HuyNguyen1210,
These rules should all work (the first one gives free shipping if one of the articles is a book, other two are identical and provide free shipping if only books are purchased and none of the books has another category assigned).

Have you placed these rules BEFORE all other rules? The plugin walks through the rules one after the other and uses the first matching one. For this reason, free shipping rules typically need to be placed first.

Does your shipping method work with other rules? If so, then it is really the rules (as mentioned, probably the order of the rules). If not, then one typical mistake I often make is that when you create a new shippping method, you need to manually enable it. By default all new methods are disabled.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping by category doesn't work 03 Jun 2016 05:09 #3

• huynguyen1210
Thank you. The problem is ordering.
I have another problem. The bellow is my rules
Name= RULE_SHIPPING_CARD; contains_only(categories, 32); Shipping=0
Name= Free Shipping; 85<=Amount; 0
Name= Standard Shipping; 85 > Amount; Shipping=6.95

When I order a product from category 32 and a product from other category. Shipping cost should be 6.95 or Free? For now, in my site, It shows FreeShipping. I want freeshipping if only products from category 32 is ordered.

Free shipping by category doesn't work 03 Jun 2016 05:21 #4

• huynguyen1210
Hi,
Don't mind about my last message. I figured out it. Just added "Condition=". Thank you btw.
Name= RULE_SHIPPING_CARD; Condition=contains_only(categories, 32); Shipping=0
Name= Free Shipping; 85<=Amount; 0
Name= Standard Shipping; 85 > Amount; Shipping=6.95

[SOLVED] Free shipping by category doesn't work 03 Jun 2016 05:21 #5

• huynguyen1210
Problem solved.
  • Page: