VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

shipping by the rules 15 Sep 2016 01:16 #1

• aetech
  • aetech's Avatar Topic Author
I have just had my site updated, and the shipping in Virtue mart no longer worked. I just added the shipping by rules basic plug-in and it is generating the shipping costs accurately. problem no is when I go to complete the purchase in virtue mart, after I enter credit card I only get options to save or cancel. when I hit save, it does not complete the transaction. are there any settings in the shipping by the rules plug in I am missing or is this a virtue mart problem?

Thanks.

shipping by the rules 25 Sep 2016 17:10 #2

Dear aetech,
One possible cause for such issues is usually a third-party template, which hasn't updated to the latest version of VirtueMart. In particular, there were two "problematic" updates, which required changes to all third-party templates (i.e. all templates other than the default beez, which overrides the VM cart pages).

Does this also happen on other computers, or only on the machine, where you made the update? Sometimes a full update also requires the browser to clear its cache, because the old cached data interferes with the new version.

The plugin itself should work without issues after an update. The fact that it offers a shipping rate, indicates that the plugin still works. The rest of the checkout process is handled purely by VirtueMart, the plugin is no longer involved, so the issue cannot be inside our plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold

shipping by the rules 25 Sep 2016 22:35 #3

Dear aetech,
Another reason could be that recently Joomla changed its default setting for user registration, which might cause this issue, too. See: forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135496.msg471920#msg471920

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: