VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

shipping by different stats and sku's 19 Jun 2017 12:09 #1

• geodou
  • geodou's Avatar Topic Author
On my web site it will be FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the continental United States.

EXCEPT for (Alaska) ( Puerto Rico) ( Hawaii) those 3 states the SHIPPING CHARGE will be ($50.00) for a GT3000 & ($45.00) for a GT1500 & ($30.00) for a GT50

so my questions is: do i need the pro version for this?
and what rule do i have to use for this?

im not expert so thats why im asking you

thanks in advance
george

shipping by different stats and sku's 24 Jun 2017 19:59 #2

Dear George,
Do I understand you correctly that for these three states you want to have a shipping charge per product unit (i.e. if a customer buys two GT3000 and one GT50, then the shipping cost will be 2*50+30=$130 ?

This is possible, but as you suspected, this requires the advanced (paid) version. The corresponding rule would be:
Country2=="US"; State2 in list("AK", "HI"); Shipping=50*evaluate_for_skus(Articles, "GT3000")+45*evaluate_for_skus(Articles, "GT1500")+30*evaluate_for_skus(Articles,"GT50")
Country2=="PR";Shipping=50*evaluate_for_skus(Articles, "GT3000")+45*evaluate_for_skus(Articles, "GT1500")+30*evaluate_for_skus(Articles,"GT50")
Shipping=0

In case you wonder: The evaluate_for_skus(Articles, "GT...") calls simply retrieve the number of units bought for the corresponding SKU (i.e. the number of GT3000, GT1500 and GT50).

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: