VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Downloads for Sale for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What type of files can I upload on this? 14 Mar 2015 17:01 #1

• Melch777
  • Melch777's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I just bought your plug-in, set it up as you say in the documentation. I tried uploading a mp3 file of roughly 25mbs and it lasted about 10 seconds before it shut off and went back to my joomla back-end.

Can you tell me, what type of file formats can be uploaded onto the virtue mart database with your plug-in and also what size limit is on the files.

Also does the amount of storage correspond to my hosting provider.

Can I upload mp3 files or do they have to be in a zip format.

Thanks

I see that the pathway to the folder says it is "writable", so does that mean I can add to it but not access it, except through your plug-ins connection to the database of virtuemart.

Perfect plug-in, it's exactly what I'm looking for. See what happens. Thanks for any help

I just was able to upload a 600kb ebook in 2 seconds. so it does upload. Maybe the file size or format?

I put a 27 mb file in a zip folder, no good, can't handle it. Really need to upload it to a folder on host and access it. This is no good for large files

What type of files can I upload on this? 14 Mar 2015 18:44 #2

• Melch777
I tried going to my hosting account and uploading the file to the folder that the e book was in but the media files in the virtuemart backend wouldn't recognize it.

I got a 5 MB file to upload. This would be good to sell your music on-line with. Would definitely work.

What type of files can I upload on this? 14 Mar 2015 19:40 #3

• Melch777
Ok for anyone interested, I just tried something and it appears to work. I took a text file and named it as a mp3 file and saved it and then uploaded it through the Virtuemart backend, using the plug-in.

I then went to the file folder and uploaded my 27 MB file to the folder, overwrote it and it worked and got saved as a 27 MB file

Havn't tested it yet

What type of files can I upload on this? 15 Mar 2015 11:09 #4

• Melch777
Ok this plug-in works really good. I got my files to upload by re-writing them on my hosting account and then set-up the sand box on paypal and it sent an email with the download to the email I had setup,the invoice looks real professional.

Only problem that I'm now having is trying to get the free download function to work to work?

What type of files can I upload on this? 16 Mar 2015 11:33 #5

Dear Melch,
First, regarding the file upload: The file upload is not part of the Downloads for Sale plugin. It simply builds on VirtueMart's media files system. You can use all file types in principle, but some PHP or Joomla installations have the file types that you can upload restricted (i.e. exe, rar, zip disabled). This is nothing my plugin can do.
In particular, the file upload size is also often limited in the php configuration (php.ini on Linux / Apache systems). If your installation has such a limitation set, then no php script can upload a file that is larger. The only solutions are:
1) increase max_upload_size in your php.ini, or
2) upload the files e.g. via ftp and then let VM synchronize the media files with the files on disk on the server.

Regarding your issues with free downloads: Can you describe in more detail what your problems are.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: