VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Custom variables can't save 14 Apr 2016 01:25 #1

• jawwang1129
  • jawwang1129's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I bought the advanced order number plugin and I found the custom variables section is not working properly.

I've tried to add a new definition, but every time i saved, it will not save and say "No custom variables have been defined."
I used basic ordernumber plugin before the advanced one, will that be a problem?

Could you help to fix this?

Thanks.

Custom variables can't save 17 Apr 2016 15:23 #2

Dear Jawwang,
Sorry to hear you are running into this issue.
I have tried to reproduce it in the way you describe (set up a new shop with the basic plugin, made a test order and then installed the advanced version). However, here I do not have any issue with the custom variable definitions. If I add a new definition and save the plugin configuration, then the custom variable definition is properly saved and displayed in the custom variables section...

- Could you please tell us the versions of (1) WordPress, (2) WooCommerce, (3) the Ordernumber plugins and (4) PHP that you have installed?

- What is the exact custom variable definition that you try to add? (i.e. I want to exclude the possibility that some of the values that you enter causes problems).

- How exactly are you adding the new definition? Do you have any caching plugins installed, or other plugins that might interfere with a plugin storing/reading an option from the databse?

- Do you see any PHP warnings or error messages in the web server's log files?

- If you have direct access to the database, could you check whether the ordernumber_variables option is properly stored in the database or not? If the option is properly stored in the database, it's a matter of retrieving and displaying the option from the database, otherwise it's an issue with saving/storing the custom variables to the database.
To check for the ordernumber_variables option in the database, either execute the following SQL statement on your database:
SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` = 'ordernumber_variables'
or go to the wp_options table in your database web frontend (like phpmyadmin) and search for the row with 'ordernumber_variables' in the option_name column.
The value of the option_name column is the relevant part (it's an array serialized by PHP, so not really human-readable, but easily convertible to something human-readable).

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: