VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Ordernumbers for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My order numbers are skipping digits randomly 14 Jun 2017 21:54 #1

• jaime
  • jaime's Avatar Topic Author
For example one order number is #0772, the next one is #0774 and the next one is #0778 and so on why its not going 72,73,74,75....?

Here is a screenshot, if you can help me by telling me what to type in the settings that would help, thank you.
Attachments:

My order numbers are skipping digits randomly 19 Jun 2017 00:10 #2

Dear Jaime,
There are some possible causes for the issue you observe:
a) What is your exact order number format? If you have e.g. "[####/2]", then the counter will have four digits and increase by 2 (i.e. what you observe)
b) Do you have other plugins installed, which might for technical reasons create orders / suborders, which are not shown as real orders, but which will still be assigned an order number? Examples are the YITH Multivendor plugin, which creates one additional order for each vendor in the cart. The particular case with the YITH Multivendor plugin can be worked around (open-tools.net/forum/advanced-ordernumbe...-suborders.html#7868), but there might be other plugins causing a similar issue, too.

Best regards,
Reinhold

My order numbers are skipping digits randomly 19 Jun 2017 17:33 #3

• jaime
I only have paypal pro payflow, smtp postman and no other plugins I see could be adding order numbers, please take a look at this spreadsheet of my orders and see a snippet of posts created I highlighted the orders and see why is it skipping numbers? Maybe a refund?

My order numbers are skipping digits randomly 19 Jun 2017 19:52 #4

• jaime
ohh and my format is #0

My order numbers are skipping digits randomly 25 Jun 2017 00:00 #5

Dear Jaime,
Could you please send us the WooCommerce System Status by e-mail (office@open-tools.net): Go to the WooCommerce admin area, menu "WooCommerce" => "System status" => Button "Get system report" => Button "Copy for Support", to copy the system report to memory and paste it into a mail (Ctrl+V or Option+V on a Mac, or use the right mouse button -> "Paste" in the mail).

That system report contains a comprehensive list of all plugins and the most important settings (but no sensitive data like passwords or usernames), so it should give me a better overview about your installation.

The order number format you mention (#0) does not seem correct, as this order number format would cause numbers like 7780, 7790, 7800, 7810, etc. (i.e. it will always have a trailing 0 after the counter). Can you please make a screenshot of the order number configuration page, so I can see all details of your settings?

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: If you prefer a refund instead of me trying to get things working, please tell me.
  • Page: