VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adding orders in backend skipps order number 23 Sep 2017 09:04 #1

• Maragoo
  • Maragoo's Avatar Topic Author
When an admin adds an order in the backend, then always one number in the numbering process is skipped since moving to the lastest versions (WordPress 4.8.2 & WooCommerce 3.1.2 and your OrderNumbers Plugin 1.4.3)

So when adding an custom order, order numbers are 2017201, next the 2017203, ...205 and so on.

Would be great the get a fix.

Best regards Rolf

Adding orders in backend skipps order number 27 Sep 2017 01:17 #2

Dear Rolf,
Sorry to hear that you are running into these issues with the ordernumber plugin.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the issue you describe, even with the exact same version numbers. What are your exact settings of the plugin, in particular the number format?

Your message sounds as if this happens only after an upgrade to the latest version. Has it ever worked properly? Did you change anything else (install/test some other extension or so) around the time the issue first appeared?

Do you have any other extensions installed that might create an order/suborder in the background for technical reasons? e.g. the suborder plugin or the multi-shipping plugin create some (hidden) orders in the background to provide their functionality (each shipment is internally a new sub-order, which by default requests its own number, unless one takes some precaution to detect those sub-orders).

What are your exact steps in the backend to create a new order? Mine are 1) Click on "Add order", 2) select an existing demo customer => addresses are automatically filled, 3) Click "Add item(s)" => "Add product(s)" => select a test product => Click "Save" in the "Item" area, 4) Click "Create" in the upper right corner to create the order.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Adding orders in backend skipps order number 27 Sep 2017 07:59 #3

• Maragoo
  • Maragoo's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold

Settings are:
Customize Order Numbers [true]
Order number format: [year][###]
Use global counter [false]
All order number counters:
2016# 358
2016### 2
[year]# 0
2017# 308

There is no other extension installed that manipulates the order number.

When creating an order in the backend, I mostly add an address manually as those are not registered customers. All the other steps are identical.

If you need a clone of my setup, I can forward you an email with an installable copy made with duplicator plugin?

Best regards
Rolf

Adding orders in backend skipps order number 07 Oct 2017 20:26 #4

Dear Rolf,
your settings look fine.

My question regarding other plugins wasn't mainly targeted at plugins that claim to manipulate order numbers, but rather at all plugins that somehow deal with orders. For example, the multi-shipping plugin deals with one order, but to implement its functionality, it creates sub-orders for each shipment, which are normal order data objects in WooCommerce, so they will try to get their own order numbers, even though they are not real orders. Similarly, some multi-vendor plugins create one sub-order per vendor to handle each vendor separately. Each of those sub-orders (which are not visible to the customer!) will try to get a separate order number (unless some precaution is implemented to prevent this).

If you could provide me with an installable copy where I could reproduce the issue (and play around trying to find the culprit without breaking a live shop) that would be great!

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: