VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Downloads for Sale for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

creating a downloads page for customers 25 Mar 2015 23:17 #1

• Melch777
  • Melch777's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold ,
I set up a downloads page and found that the downloads people buy from me are not there. Also the donwload links that should appear on the products page that people buy from me are not there either.
I have the plug-in set-up for full download features for people who pay for the downloads

I syncronized all my on-line files with Virtuemart. Originally I uploaded my files through the media files ection on virtuemart when I was experimenting with the plug-in and found it worked.

That is that the download link appeared on the product page, etc.

When I syncronized my files, the download link doesn't appear on the product page and it doesn't appear on in the download section

On your webpage, if I log in I can re-download the plug-in I bought from you. Probaly because you uploaded your plug-in through the media files section of Virtuemart.

If you were to synce your plug-in from a file you had on-line, I don't think it would work.

I think you can't use some of the features of your plug-in, unless you upload your files through the media files of virtuemart.

I couldn't do that because each file I had to upload is 25mbs, so I had to sync them to the virtuemart from my hosting account where they are stored.

By not going through the media files of virtuemart, it somehow doesn't link up to the full plug-in features.

I have everything set in the plug-in for full paid downloads to be on the product page for people and in their invoices in email.

The email function works with the download link and also when you make payment you get re-directed to the download area after purchase.

But the product link on the product page doesn't appear and also it doesn't appear on the my downloads page I set up

creating a downloads page for customers 26 Mar 2015 11:40 #2

• Melch777
Okay, I don't know what happened but it's working now. The files show up in the download area and the link appears on the product page, so I was wrong about the syncing not working. Wasn't working earlier.

creating a downloads page for customers 29 Mar 2015 13:34 #3

Dear Melch,
The download links not appearing in the invoice and the product pages is typically an issue of the order status settings. In the custom field definition you can select which order status values allow a download (by default Confirmed and Shipped). If you do not select the corresponding order status, no download link will be displayed. Similarly, if your payment method sets the order status to "Confirmed by Shopper" (i.e. payment has NOT yet been received) or some other order status, the default settings will cause the links to be hidden until the order status is changed to one of the allowed status values.

The files offered for download do not necessarily need to be uploaded via VM's media manager. Uploading them through FTP or SFTP or rsync or whatever and then calling sync in the VM media manager should be fine, too. After syncing, you should check your individual products in the VM backend to check whether the custom field has really the correct file selected.

Best regards,
Reinhold

creating a downloads page for customers 29 Mar 2015 13:35 #4

Okay, I don't know what happened but it's working now. The files show up in the download area and the link appears on the product page, so I was wrong about the syncing not working. Wasn't working earlier.

Dear Melch,
Do I understand you correctly that all your problems have now disappeared? If not, let me know which issues exactly are still there.

Best regards,
Reinhold

creating a downloads page for customers 29 Mar 2015 15:53 #5

• Melch777

Dear Melch,
The download links not appearing in the invoice and the product pages is typically an issue of the order status settings. In the custom field definition you can select which order status values allow a download (by default Confirmed and Shipped). If you do not select the corresponding order status, no download link will be displayed. Similarly, if your payment method sets the order status to "Confirmed by Shopper" (i.e. payment has NOT yet been received) or some other order status, the default settings will cause the links to be hidden until the order status is changed to one of the allowed status values.

The files offered for download do not necessarily need to be uploaded via VM's media manager. Uploading them through FTP or SFTP or rsync or whatever and then calling sync in the VM media manager should be fine, too. After syncing, you should check your individual products in the VM backend to check whether the custom field has really the correct file selected.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Hi Reinhold,
Yes, the links were not showing up on the product page or in the download area. I confiqured the template in the Virtuemart shop correctly but it wasn't working,

Then I went back to check it again in an hour or so and it was all working. Don't know what happened?

It's all working perfectly.

Is there anyway to verify that an invoice and download link is getting to a person's email, after they make a purchase, before I make the site live?

I'm using PayPal Sandbox to test it and I get an email to my main website email address with the invoice and links, like I want.

Does this mean the person making a purchase will also get the same email with the invoice and the links.

Thanks

creating a downloads page for customers 29 Mar 2015 18:47 #6

Dear Melch,
The customer gets a mail that is more or less the same as the one the shop owner gets. To test it, simply create a free mail account (gmail, gmx, hotmail, whatever) and make an order with that email. There you should get the correct order confirmation...

The invoice PDF that is attached to the order confirmation (assuming you have configure VM to send the invoice with the confirmation) is the same as the PDF that is linked in the VM BE order list.

Best regards,
Reinhold

creating a downloads page for customers 29 Mar 2015 19:38 #7

• Melch777

Dear Melch,
The customer gets a mail that is more or less the same as the one the shop owner gets. To test it, simply create a free mail account (gmail, gmx, hotmail, whatever) and make an order with that email. There you should get the correct order confirmation...

The invoice PDF that is attached to the order confirmation (assuming you have configure VM to send the invoice with the confirmation) is the same as the PDF that is linked in the VM BE order list.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Ok
  • Page: