VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Getting an error message on Custom Field 01 Mar 2016 18:11 #1

• Melch777
  • Melch777's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, Reinhold,
When I go to setup and save the Custom Field for the Download for Sale plugin, I get the following error message after saving it

alterTable CHANGE jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.virtuemart_customfield_id : ALTER TABLE `jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_customfield_id` `virtuemart_customfield_id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `id`

alterTable CHANGE jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.virtuemart_order_item_id : ALTER TABLE `jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_order_item_id` `virtuemart_order_item_id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `virtuemart_customfield_id`

alterTable CHANGE jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.downloaded : ALTER TABLE `jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale` CHANGE COLUMN `downloaded` `downloaded` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `virtuemart_order_item_id`

This message is at the top in pink

I'm not sure what this means, something to do with the tables of virtuemart?

then in the green alert box it says

Table updated: Tablename jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale dropped: 0 altered: 3 added: 0

Custom Fields successfully saved

I've tested out the plugin and it loads in the custom field section when I add the mp3 file to a product but when I test it out with PayPal sandbox, the download link doesn't appear on the product page for the registered user/buyer

Getting an error message on Custom Field 03 Mar 2016 02:21 #2

• Melch777
I contacted my hosting company and they told me that they checked my username and the database that I had setup for my site and that it was the plug-in that wasn't working. Then again the guy said he didn't know that much about Joomla, so I don't know what is causing the problem.

Getting an error message on Custom Field 03 Mar 2016 15:13 #3

• Melch777
The Virtuemart itself works perfectly. I am able to sync files to it, everything. Using Joomla 3.0.4 and Virtuemart 3.0.8.

For some reason the plugin doesn't work with this setup. I've reset the Virtuemart tables. The files that I'm selling, show up in the custom field on the plugin. When I use Paypal sandbox to make a purchase, there's no file at the end to download. No file link on the product page.

I don't know that it's generating any invoices, not sure if invoices get generated when using sandbox

Getting an error message on Custom Field 04 Mar 2016 20:04 #4

• Melch777
I upgraded my Joomla version to 3.4.8 and my Virtuemart version to 3.0.12. Now I get less of an error when creating the Custom Field for the "Downloads for Sale" plug-in
Notice

alterTable CHANGE jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.virtuemart_customfield_id

alterTable CHANGE jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.virtuemart_order_item_id

alterTable CHANGE jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.downloaded

Table updated: Tablename jal3_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale dropped: 0 altered: 3 added: 0

Custom Fields successfully saved

Getting an error message on Custom Field 06 Mar 2016 13:16 #5

Dear Melch,
The alterTable notices are no error messages. Whenever you change a custom field, VirtueMart will try to make sure the database has the correct structure and will ALWAYS run the update SQL for all custom fields that use a database table (like our downloads for sale plugin). I looked into it a while ago, but could not find a way around it. These messages are simply progress messages about the database update (but since the database structure is already correct, nothing is actually changed, it is just annoying debug output in VM3).

Now, to your real problem: You say that whenever you make an order, the custom field that you added to the product (and selected a proper file to download) is not displayed in the order confirmation or on the product page. What exactly are the settings of the custom field definition and of the custom field instance that you added to the product?

In particular, which order statuses have you selected as making the download available? And have you configured the custom field to be shown (either compact or long display) on the product page and/or the invoice/order confirmation mail?

You can check the invoice manually by clicking on the invoice symbol in the order list in the Joomla/VM backend. Of course, the link will only be displayed if the order has a status that allows download.

Alternatively, if you like, I can also directly look at your installation (if you feel comfortable giving temporary access to a stranger).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Getting an error message on Custom Field 06 Mar 2016 13:41 #6

• Melch777
Thanks Reinhold,
I tried another plug-in just to check if it was the downloads for sale plug-in but I'm having issues with thi plug-in also. I disabled the download for sale plug-in but when it was setup I used the same setup as was in my other website. I tried looking at the invoices in the back end but was getting an error message and wasn't able to access any.

That would be great if you could go into my site and take a look at it, how should I send you my info to take a alook at it yourself

Getting an error message on Custom Field 06 Mar 2016 19:05 #7

Dear Melch,
You can send the access credentials to office@open-tools.net and I'll take a look.
The error message with the invoice creation also does not sound good and indicates some other issue (maybe just with the vendor logo's format, i.e. png vs. jpg).

BTW, I have done some more digging and figured out a way to prevent those alterTable messages in VirtueMart: It turns out that VM compares SQL columnt definitions verbatim with a SQL string it constructs itself. If those two don't coincide, it tries to alter the database. Now, the issue was that VM constructed the SQL as
int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\'
while our plugin used a (perfectly valid) column definition of
int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
Since they differed in the quotes around the zero, VM assumed the column has changed and tried to alter the database over and over again... I have now released a version 1.8.2, which brings the SQL column definitions in line with the ones expected by VM. However, these warnings should not have influenced the plugin's functionality at all, so the issue of your problem lies elsewhere...

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: