VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Name The Price for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Minimum Amounts Not Working Correctly 07 Oct 2015 18:34 #1

• baxterdown
  • baxterdown's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

Thanks for an AWESOME plug-in! I am using Name the Price for variable donations on this website using J3.4.3 and VM 3.0.9. Each product I created has a min/max range with the product price set to $0.001.

Everything displays perfectly. The product's default price is $0.00 and when you enter a donation amount it changes the price to the correct range. The correct amount also shows up in the cart.

The problem I am experiencing is when someone just clicks Add to Cart without entering an amount. In those instances, the product is added to the cart at $0.00 instead of defaulting to the minimum amount on that product's range.

I'm happy to provide you access to the back-end if needed.

Your help is sincerely appreciated!

Jose

Minimum Amounts Not Working Correctly 10 Oct 2015 01:12 #2

Dear Jose,
This is a known problem.
I hope I have fixed it in the just-released version 1.4. Please let me know if that version solves your issue.

Technical details: In the new version, I simply added the corresponding JS code to update the product price when the page has finished loading. That code is also called whenever you press a key in the input box.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Minimum Amounts Not Working Correctly 12 Oct 2015 22:02 #3

• baxterdown
Hi Reinhold,

V1.4 is pre-populating the price field with the minimum amount. That is WORSE than before as now it doesn't encourage the shopper to enter their own amount.

The solution needs to be for the price field to remain empty and in cases where the shopper clicks on add to cart without entering an amount, the product gets added with the minimum amount in the custom field.

PLEASE HELP -- I need to go live with this store this week!

Thanks

Jose

Minimum Amounts Not Working Correctly 12 Oct 2015 22:16 #4

• baxterdown
Reinhold,

Hello again. I'm appending my reply as I just did the template override for the dollar sign (per my other thread) and that broke the fix. It's now back to displaying $0.00 and adding to cart at $0.00.

Jose

Minimum Amounts Not Working Correctly 14 Oct 2015 23:49 #5

Dear Jose,
Sorry that this made the situation worse.
The problem is that technically, there cannot be any amount added unless that amount is written in the input box.

So, if the input box is left empty, then there is no way to add the minimum amount to the product price automatically when the user adds the product to the cart. So my choice was between automatically inputting the minimum amount (if greater than zero) or leaving the old situation that the minimum amount would not be added if the user didn't enter anything...

Technically, the input box works by sending the amount to the server via AJAX whenever the value changes. This will then update the product price on the product page. When the user adds the product to the cart, the custom field's input box is not involved any more, so the plugin can also not adjust the produt price at that point....

Sorry,
Reinhold

Minimum Amounts Not Working Correctly 14 Oct 2015 23:55 #6

Dear Jose,

I just did the template override for the dollar sign (per my other thread) and that broke the fix. It's now back to displaying $0.00 and adding to cart at $0.00.

Yes, you are right: The fix involved a change to the tmpl/default.php file, which is overriden with the template override.

If you did the template override after installing the new version, my guess is that you copied the php code from my other mail, while the fix actually changed that line that you copied in. In particular, the <input....> field previously had value="", which I changed to automatically insert the minimum:
value="<?php if (is_numeric($field->min_amount) and $field->min_amount>0) echo $field->min_amount; ?>"
If you replace value="" with the code above, the fix should work again.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: