VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

[Solved] Invoice Number not put into field 24 Mar 2018 03:23 #1

• Magick
  • Magick's Avatar Topic Author
Hi there,

I've got a weird occurance (since a while actually) in which the Ordernumber Plugin generates the ordernumber and replaces it correctly, but the invoice number (which should be the same) isn't put into it's place. I thought it could be a database issue and used Admin Tools "Optimize and Repair Databases" for trial. It worked for 3 orders, then it got wild again.
I have invoice numbers like: 151011KQWX036, 2014-01-9 (on a 2018 order), and even something like "2014-08-10 not found".
It appears that the invoice date is also off as it puts there currently xx.yy.2014
I've checked the Time Zone setting of Joomla, which is correct.

Any help would be appreciated. Even if the end is: It's so broken, set it up from scratch.

Best,
Romy

Ordernumber Version: 4.0.6
VirtueMart version: 3.2.12
Joomla version: 3.8.6
PHP version: 7.0.28
Webserver (apache/nginx/IIS): Apache
Does your webserver's log contain any PHP messages or warnings?
Only: Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgAcymailingVirtuemart has a deprecated constructor in /path/to/plugins/acymailing/virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 12

Disabling the plugin didn't change the behavior but eleminated the error.

Invoice Number not put into field 27 Mar 2018 23:15 #2

Dear Magick,
That is quite some strange behavior. I have never heard of such behavior...
What are your exact settings for the plugin?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Invoice Number not put into field 28 Mar 2018 04:50 #3

• Magick
Hi Reinhold,

I thought, that this behavior is rare.
I have attached screenshots of the settings. I have there nothing fancy and nothing changed what could explain this erratic.

Best,
Romy
Attachments:

Invoice Number not put into field 02 Aug 2018 03:46 #4

• Magick
Well, sometimes there needs time. Today, after taking a longer pause, I tackled the issue again and found the solution: FAQ 3FAQ 3

In short: I've deleted some orders and invoices some time ago, partly because of issues we had with the shop. But I didn't delete the invoices database (because I thought VM has done this already) and this lead to a very messy outcome, which is documented in the FAQ (but it didn't occured to me as "reset after testing").

After deleting the invoices database, I used the VM Advanced Ordernumbers Plugin, to recreate the invoices with the correct numbers (in our case they should be the same as the order number), which took some time, but it was worth it.

I would like to say "Always read the manual" and "read the FAQ", but if the connection between events are not given, there's not much to gain. At least, I hopefully can help others here.

P.S.: In that occasion you also may want to check the safe path under Tools -> Update/Migration -> Safe Path Tools
  • Page: