VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Surcharge based on postcode not working 29 Apr 2016 13:28 #1

• mousehawk
  • mousehawk's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I am using the Pro version of this plugin and have set up dozens of rules based on partial postcodes using UK_area, ZIP_1, etc. for orders over 100kg, and basic weight based rules for orders under 100kg. All is working fine so far.

However the customer also wants to add a surcharge which applies to specific postcodes when the order is under 100kg (I assume they want to charge surcharges to specific customers and are using the postcode to identify who these customers are).

I've tried a few ways of adding the surcharge rule but none of these has worked:

Name=Surcharge; Postcode=="AB12 3CD"; 0<weight<=100; ExtraShippingCharge=10

Name=Surcharge; ZIP=="AB12 3CD"; 0<weight<=100; ExtraShippingCharge=10

Name=Surcharge; UK_outward=="AB12" AND UK_inward=="3CD"; 0<weight<=100; ExtraShippingCharge=10

Name=Surcharge; Postcode in list ("AB12 3CD", "EF45 6GH"); 0<weight<=100; ExtraShippingCharge=10

Shipping calculator just shows the weight based shipping cost as if no surcharge is detected.

What am I doing wrong?

Surcharge based on postcode not working 03 May 2016 15:28 #2

Dear MouseHawk,
Actually, all of these rules should work, but I would recomment using the one with the UK_outward and UK_inward, because all other rules depend on exactly one space between those two parts, while in reality users might either leave it out or put two spaces between them.

Are you sure you placed the rule with the ExtraShippingCharge BEFORE the rule that gave the basic shipping costs for the order? The plugin stops evaluating rules as soon as a matching rule is found. No further rules, not even ones with ExtraShippingCharge, will be evaluated. So you need to place all ExtraShippingCharge rules first...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Surcharge based on postcode not working 09 May 2016 12:14 #3

• mousehawk
That was it, thanks!

I've got another question re. shipping costs for multiple consignments but I'll post a new topic for that.

[SOLVED] Surcharge based on postcode not working 09 May 2016 12:14 #4

• mousehawk
Problem solved.
  • Page: