VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shippingtaxes based on product taxes 11 Aug 2016 11:43 #1

• renewmyid
  • renewmyid's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I want to calculate the tax based on the products in the cart.
When only low-taxed products are in the cart i want to use the low-taxed tax rule for the shipping costs.
But when there is at least one or only products with high taxes in the cart i want the shipping costs to also use the high taxed tax rule.

How can i set this up, can i use the same country twice in the plugin, but with different tax set up. And how can i read what kind of taxed products are in the cart? Thanks in advance.

Shippingtaxes based on product taxes 13 Aug 2016 19:41 #2

Dear RenewMyID,
For taxing the shipping costs, VM provides the mixed taxation rule (i.e. the shipping costs are taxed in the proportion of the product prices). This is how shipping is taxed at least in Germany and Austria.
E.g. if you have a product of 100€ taxed with 10% and a product of 50€ taxed with 5%, then 2/3 of the shipping cost will be taxed with 10%, and 1/3 of the shipping cost will be taxed with 5%.

You can either use that, or explicitly set a fixed tax rate. Currently, there is no way to apply the highest tax rate of all the products in the cart. Sorry.

Inside our rules, there is also way to access the products' tax rates (you can only access the total tax amount of the whole cart or of certain categories).

The only way I can think of right now is to make sure all products with high or low taxes are assigned one (possibly hidden) category. You can then check whether a product from that category is in the cart and use a different ruleset with different tax setting. That's about the only workaround I can think of right now.

Sorry that I don't have better news...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shippingtaxes based on product taxes 15 Aug 2016 10:36 #3

• renewmyid
Hello Reinhold,

Thanks for your explanation! I think we try to set up the workaround. Can't find or think of another solution either :-) .
Much appreciated for your time! Thanks again!

Best regards

[SOLVED] Shippingtaxes based on product taxes 15 Aug 2016 10:36 #4

• renewmyid
Problem solved.
  • Page: