VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping Cost per item and per country. 13 Sep 2016 09:09 #1

• jimcal12
  • jimcal12's Avatar Topic Author
Hi I wonder if you can help me, I have the paid version of your rules plugin, but I am at a loss how to implement it properly.

I have a simple shop with only 4 items for sale 2 in each category,
Category "Pellets" has 2 products for sale with a shipping cost of £15 per item for UK or £40 for Ireland.
Category "Solid Fuel" has 2 products for sale with a shipping cost of £20 per item for UK or £40 for Ireland.

If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Shipping Cost per item and per country. 25 Sep 2016 13:49 #2

For UK (assuming Pellets has a category ID 123 and Solid fuel has a category ID 124):
Shipping=evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 123)*15 + evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 124)*20

The evaluate_for_categories function returns the number of rArticles in the given category.
For Ireland, you'll have to use a second country zone and adjust the individual cost for each category correspondingly.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: