VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Link Shipping and payment 17 Feb 2017 11:07 #1

• teamecommerce
  • teamecommerce's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

if it possible to link shipping and payment in virtuemart with this plugin?

I mean... I have Shipping1, Shipping2 and Payment1, Payment2... I want that if the user select for example Shipping1 only can select Payment1 and can't select Payment2.

Is it possibile? Or there are any other solutions?

Thank you!

Link Shipping and payment 18 Feb 2017 20:26 #2

hi,
Unfortunately, VM by default handles shipping and payment methods completely independent of each other. Out shipping plugin can thus not influence which payment methods are offered.

The only way I am aware of is some One-Page Checkout modules that allow restricting payment methods based on the selected shipping method (since OPC plugins replace the whole cart process, they are free to implement this functionality, as they don't use the stock VM functionality). I'm using the RuposTel OPC plugin with this very functionality, but I'm sure other OPC plugins have similar features.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Link Shipping and payment 20 Feb 2017 11:11 #3

• teamecommerce
  • teamecommerce's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you. I use the VP One Page Checkout by Virtueplanet.

Do you know if with this OPC is it possible?

Have a nice day

Link Shipping and payment 04 Mar 2017 17:07 #4

Dear TeamECommerce,
From what I can see, the VP OPC plugin does not allow restricting payment methods conditional on the selected shipping method...

Sorry,
Reinhold
  • Page: