VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with Joomla Update to Advanced Rules 6.2.1 24 Feb 2017 12:50 #1

• rfrize
  • rfrize's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Trying to update to V6.2.1 using the Joomla backend update facility. Looks like there might be a problem with the XML as I get

Problem with Joomla Update to Advanced Rules 6.2.1 04 Mar 2017 20:56 #2

Dear Rfrize,
Have you entered the update credentials (order number and order password, as found on the order confirmation mail at open-tools.net) in the plugin's configuration screen in the Joomla plugin manager? See open-tools.net/documentation/shipping-by...tuemart.html#updates

Having invalid update credentials might be one cause for such an error message. Network problems are the other possible explanation.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Problem with Joomla Update to Advanced Rules 6.2.1 20 Apr 2017 17:03 #3

• rfrize
Hi,

Apologies about the dealy in replying. Yes, the order number (format - RKPWnnnnnn) and password are in the plugin, but it returns a "check your credentials" message

Attachments:

Problem with Joomla Update to Advanced Rules 6.2.1 22 Apr 2017 18:00 #4

Dear RFrize,
Did you buy the plugin here at open-tools.net or over at extensions.virtuemart.net? Unfortunately, the automatic update feature does not work for orders at extensions.virtuemart.net, as we don't even have access to the orders made through extensions.virtuemart.net...

If that's the case, I'm afraid you'll have to manually download the latest version from there and install it on your installation to upgrade the plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Problem with Joomla Update to Advanced Rules 6.2.1 24 Apr 2017 12:09 #5

• rfrize
Ah, purchased through Virtuemart.

The extension doesn't seem to be on Virtuemart any more, getting a 404 for the product link

extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?opti...uct_id=51&Itemid=137

If I email you the order details from virtuemart, could you add me to your database, or send me a zip of the latest version?

Problem with Joomla Update to Advanced Rules 6.2.1 29 Apr 2017 18:35 #6

I'll send you the latest version via PM. Thanks for pointing out that extensions.virtuemart.net has apparently unpublished the extension. I'll check the reason with them. It should actually still be available...

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: