VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Language file 08 Aug 2017 06:17 #1

• CIWebMarketing
  • CIWebMarketing's Avatar Topic Author
Have set up the extension, working fine. This code

Name=Small Parcel Special Rate ; weight<50; Shipping=3

produces this display

Small Parcel Special Rate (Small Parcel Special Rate)Special low shipping for small parcels via International Air Mail. (Fee +$ 3.00)

which is ugly, how do I make it say
Small Parcel Special Rate Special low shipping for small parcels via International Air Mail. $ 3.00

I cant see a language file call in the actual plugin code or in a search in language overrides>new.
Thanks

Language file 10 Aug 2017 01:39 #2

Dear CIWebMarketing,
If I understand you correctly, you simply don't want the rule name printed in parentheses after the shipping method name. You can easily achieve this by simply leaving out the Name=... rule part at all (it is optional!):
weight<50; Shipping=3
This will only print the shipping method name and it's description. The Name=... rule part is meant for additional information like "Austrian Post (larger than 1kg)" or "Austrian Post (Free shipping above 100€)", where the "Austrian Post" is the shipping method name and the parts in parentheses are the individual rule names giving more detailed information about the shipping. If you don't want / need this additional information printed, simply do not give a Name in the rule.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: