VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

empty value line 227 11 Oct 2016 06:51 #1

• yankee99
  • yankee99's Avatar Topic Author
I keep getting the below on the top of my plugins page....i assume something is out of place?

bject from empty value in /home/bbqgrill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-advanced-ordernumbers/plugin-update-checker/plugin-update-checker.php on line 227

empty value line 227 30 Oct 2016 23:45 #2

Hello,
Which version of WooCommerce, WordPress, PHP and the plugin are you using?
The error message indicates that the plugin (i.e. the php code run on your server) could not properly download the update information from our server. Or rather, it was able to download something, but that was not a proper update information file.

The update checker also has a debug mode, which prints out more detailled information about what went wrong, but that mode needs to be manually enabled, either by setting the WP_DEBUG flag for the WordPress installation globally (only recommended during site development, not for a running site) or by setting the debugMode variable in the OpenToolsPluginUpdateChecker class. For the latter, simply open the file opentools-update-checker.php in a text editor and add the line
$this->debugMode = true;
before line 26 (before the line with `$this->installOTHooks();`). This will enable debug mode only for the plugin update checker, not for the rest of the installation.

Now the plugin should print to the PHP / webserver log in more detail what went wrong.

Also, could you send us the full system status report by mail (office@open-tools.net). That system status report is meant for WooCommerce tech support to get a full overview about the installation (like software versions, other plugins, etc.). It can be found in the WordPress admin area under "WooCommerce" -> "System Status". Press the "Get System Report" button and then "Copy for Support". The full system report is then copied into the clipboard and can be pasted in a mail.

Best regards,
Reinhold

empty value line 227 03 Nov 2016 04:19 #3

• yankee99
Hi

WC Version: 2.6.7

I installed here hope its correct as i am not a programmer :)

{
parent::__construct($metadataUrl, $pluginFile, $slug, $checkPeriod, $optionName, $muPluginFile);
$this->debugMode = true;
$this->installOTHooks();
}

I have entered the above info but not sure where the PHP / webserver log is?

I have sent via email woocommerce system status to you

empty value line 227 03 Nov 2016 04:23 #4

• yankee99
Here is another i assume error hope it helps
Attachments:

empty value line 227 08 Nov 2016 03:43 #5

• yankee99
Any updates no reply to my email?

empty value line 227 30 Nov 2016 22:20 #6

Dear Yahkee99,
Sorry for the late reply. In fact, we still don't have any good news. We are aware that some customers experiencing this issue, which apparently comes from the wp_remote_get call failing for some reason, but we have not been able yet to reproduce it, let alone find the actual cause of the issue.

Let me assure you that we have this issue on our list of issues to debug and fix, but so far we have not been successful in tracking down the cause.

Sorry that I don't have better news,
Reinhold
  • Page: