VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping By Rules for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UK postcodes 06 Feb 2016 14:44 #1

• samstudio
  • samstudio's Avatar Topic Author
Hi. I am interested in an advanced plug-in version

I'm logged in demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/wp-admin/

(if not removed yet demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/wp-admin...post=104&action=edit )

I created a rule named "UK" and copied the example:
Name="Free shipping to Birmingham"; UK_Area=="B"; Shipping=0
Name="Shipping 15 to parts of Walsall"; UK_Area=="WS" AND 15<=UK_District; Shipping=15
Name="Shipping 15 to parts of Walsall"; UK_Area=="WS" AND UK_District<15; Shipping=10

I looked to cart:
demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/cart/

I enter zip code SE1 6TX and what I see:
gyazo.com/37b1ad670a7be97e0f7ac4e1bd352977

What is the problem?

И можете ли вы показать пример кода или его части для таких условий:
And can you show an example of a code (or a part of code) for such conditions:

postindex range start - postindex range finish -cost
EC1A 000 EC4Y ZZZ 35.00
WC1A 000 WC2R ZZZ 35.00
E1 000 E3 ZZZ 20.00
E4 000 E5 ZZZ 20.00
E6 000 E18 ZZZ 20.00
N1 000 N22 ZZZ 20.00
NW1 000 NW1 ZZZ 20.00
NW2 000 NW2 ZZZ 25.00
NW3 000 NW3 ZZZ 25.00
NW4 000 NW4 ZZZ 25.00
NW5 000 NW6 ZZZ 20.00
NW7 000 NW9 ZZZ 25.00

And if the code is out of range, the display "call us"

UK postcodes 06 Feb 2016 16:45 #2

Dear Samstudio,
Thank you for the report. You indeed ran into a bug introduced in the latest release: The UK postcode variables were never filled in the latest version due to a small typo.

We have now released a bugfix release 1.1.2 (already installed on demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/), which fixes the issue.

Best regards,
Reinhold Kainhofer

UK postcodes 08 Feb 2016 13:17 #3

• samstudio
Thanks for reply
I tested by simple record, it's ok.

I would like to ask few questions about this plug in. Firstly, how your system recognises post codes? For example as you are aware there are different types of post codes in London / UK: SE1 2ar = £20; SE12 5lr = £10 - if customer enters information post code without space which figure will he receive? For example: SE12AR - will it show £20 or £10 or "Invalid post code"? Thanks

[SOLVED] UK postcodes 11 Feb 2016 08:40 #4

• samstudio
Problem solved.
Thanks for reply
I tested by simple record, it's ok.

I would like to ask few questions about this plug in. Firstly, how your system recognises post codes? For example as you are aware there are different types of post codes in London / UK: SE1 2ar = £20; SE12 5lr = £10 - if customer enters information post code without space which figure will he receive? For example: SE12AR - will it show £20 or £10 or "Invalid post code"? Thanks

[SOLVED] UK postcodes 11 Feb 2016 17:26 #5

Dear Samstudio,
The plugin converts the postcode to uppercase and then uses the following regular expression to extract the individual parts of the UK postal code:
'/^\s*(([A-Z]{1,2})(\d{1,2})([A-Z]?)|[A-Z]{4}|GIR)\s*(\d[A-Z]{2})\s*$/'

This means that the space between the inward and the outward part is optional. However, inside the inward or outward part, no spaces are allowed. In short, the plugin checks for the form "A(A)0(0)(A)( )0AA", where A means a letter, 0 means a digit and (A) indicates the letter is optional.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: