VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping By Rules for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Plugin Error Message 22 Apr 2017 16:53 #1

• Perchpole
  • Perchpole's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
I am seeing an error message at the top of the WP Plugins page:
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /path-to/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-advanced-shipping-by-rules/plugin-update-checker/plugin-update-checker.php on line 227
Any ideas?
Perch

Plugin Error Message 02 May 2017 23:20 #2

Dear Perchpole,
Sorry to hear about this warning message. It indicates that for some reason your server cannot properly load and interpret the update information for the plugin from our servers (in JSON format).

Could you please enable debug messages in WordPress (codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress). In particular, could you please (temporarily) set
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
in your wp-config.php in your WordPress installation's root directory. This will cause WordPress to log all warnings and errors into the file wp-content/debug.log in your wordpress installation and to also display warnings and errors in your browser.

Additionally, please enable full debug messages in the update checker of our plugin. Unfortunately, this means modifying the plugin files and uncommenting one line in the file opentools-update-checker.php of the plugin. Please change line 27 to:
 		$this->debugMode = TRUE;
by simply removing the two slashes at the begin of the line. This will enable full debug output for the update checker and print a long warning/debug message instead of that single warning. Could you please post the full message?

Alternatively, if you are comfortable with giving a stranger like me access to your admin backend, I could even do it myself on your site.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: