VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

[orderID] in Format of the order numbers 17 Jul 2013 18:23 #1

• ZioPal
  • ZioPal's Avatar Topic Author
Hello I acquistao ordernumber the plugin because I need that orders are marked with a precise number, 916 to follow.
I tried to set the plugin to do this but nothing happens.

E is possible to do this?

I have also tried changing the id of orders, making them from the component 916 so I set in Format of the order numbers: [orderID] so as to have the same id and order id number, but nothing is as if it were not considered because when I place an order number remains [orderID]

Can you help?
thanks
Maurizio

[orderID] in Format of the order numbers 17 Jul 2013 19:13 #2

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use the order ID as the order number in VirtueMart due to the way VM handles new orders. The order ID is created only when the order is stored in the database, which is long after all other order details -- including the order number -- are created. See also question 5 of the FAQ:
open-tools.net/documentation/22-virtuema...mber-plugin-faq.html

What you can do, though, is to set the format to # and modify the database to let the counter start at 916 (you'll need to enter 915 into the database, because the database always stores the counter value of the last created order). See the FAQ for this, too.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: