VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Some help with rules 04 Sep 2013 17:16 #1

• bettinz
  • bettinz's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
I'm trying to learn at my best the rules, and then buy the advanced rules (but I need to know if this plugin is what I need).
My situation is a bit complicated:

I've price for weight:
From 0 to x: 1€
From x to y: 2€
etc

Plus, I've this price for Venice & Minor Islands (with a list of zip codes): Standard price + 1€
Least, but not last, for Sicily, Calabria and Sardegna (regions with a lot of town and zip codes):
From 0 to x: Standard price + 1€ (total: 2€)
From x to y: standard price + 2€ (total: 4€)

etc.
I'm looking for writing rules but it isn't easy. I've a list on CSV for all zip codes, but it doesn't help (because in Italy we don't have regular range for zip codes).

Can someone help me? Or send a quote for this work?

Thank you :)

Some help with rules 17 Sep 2013 14:40 #2

Unfortunately, the plugin does not support a base shipping price with rule-dependent additions. So "Standard price + 1€" is not possible. You have to give the total without reference to other rules.

I would approach your rules like the following (most specific rules first, the general rules last, because they should "only" apply when the ZIP restrictions are not met). Also, Wikipedia tells me that Calabria has postal codes 87000-89999, Sicily has postal codes 90000-99999 and Sardegna has postal codes 07000-09999.:
Name=Sicily, Calabria and Sardegna light; 07000<=ZIP<10000 OR 87000<=ZIP<=99999; weight<=1; Shipping=2
Name=Sicily, Calabria and Sardegna heavier; 07000<=ZIP<10000 OR 87000<=ZIP<=99999; 1<weight<=2; Shipping=4

Name=Venice light; 30000<=ZIP<=30999; weight<=1; Shipping=2
Name=Venice heavier; 30000<=ZIP<=30999; 1<weight<=2; Shipping=3

Name=Rest of Italy, light; weight<=1; Shipping=1
Name=Rest of Italy, heavier; 1<weight<=2; Shipping=2
  • Page: