VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trying to get property of non-object in 11 Sep 2013 12:36 #1

• itbsltd
  • itbsltd's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I am getting these error messages on the cart after installing the Advanced Shipping Module. I have simply copied and pasted the test example code you supplied and although it does give me a shipping rate of 6.50 these messages appear at the very top of the cart. Are you familiar with it, or would you like more of an explanation?

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 446

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 447

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 448

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 449

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 446

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 447

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 448

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 449

Trying to get property of non-object in 17 Sep 2013 14:19 #2

These warning messages seem to be triggered by the state ID code. Apparently your shipping address has a state ID assigned, but VM is unable to look up the state entry from the database with that ID (probably because no such state record exists in the database).

Which country/state did you use for that order?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Trying to get property of non-object in 30 Sep 2013 14:55 #3

• itbsltd
Hi,

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 436

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 437

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 438

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 439

For these errors to appear at the top of the cart I am using the address details below. They are the standard deatils within VM nothing has been changed.

You can see and test it here: 87.76.30.17/~dmsracin

USER: Shop
PASS: Password

Company Name Herts Web Design
E-Mail sales@xfactoryrc.co.uk
Title Mr
First Name Matthew
Last Name Pye
Address 1 Peak House
Address 2 Works Road
Zip / Postal Code SG6 1GB
City Letchworth
Country United Kingdom
State / Province / Region England
Phone 448006899202
Mobile phone 448006899202

Trying to get property of non-object in 02 Oct 2013 13:47 #4

Does the latest version on the Homepage fix these warnings?
Reinhold

Trying to get property of non-object in 02 Oct 2013 14:15 #5

• itbsltd
I cannot see the download link it only directs me to purchase it again??

Can you copy and paste the link here or direct me to where to click on your home page as it is not obvious??

Thanks

Trying to get property of non-object in 02 Oct 2013 14:25 #6

If you log in as itbsltd here, the download link will be shown on the product page (the green circle+arrow and the file name are the download links) as well as on the downloads page "Your Downloads" in the menu on the left...

Trying to get property of non-object in 02 Oct 2013 14:36 #7

• itbsltd
Hi,

I installed the latest version and I now get even more errors??? There is loads of them now???

Thanks

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 453

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 454

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 455

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 465

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 466

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 467

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 453

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 454

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 455

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 465

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 466

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dmsracin/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/rules_shipping_base.php on line 467

Trying to get property of non-object in 03 Oct 2013 13:50 #8

• itbsltd
Have you got an update to this yet?

The new version didn't fix the errors just trebled the amount we are getting

Thanks

Trying to get property of non-object in 04 Oct 2013 14:35 #9

• itbsltd
Can you at least update me or answer my query please?

You advised me to upgeade to your latest version and all that has done is trebled the amount of errors I am getting?

Please reply

Trying to get property of non-object in 06 Oct 2013 17:44 #10

Dear Matt,
Sorry for the delay, but I have been trying to reproduce the problem here at my test machines. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem here (I just checked on your test site, and there I get the same warnings, but on my sites with the exact same address, I don't get any warnings).

So, for now, trying to fix the problem is like shooting in the dark...
Can you give it one more shot and install the latest version from my homepage. I have changed two checks (where the warnings are triggered) from isset to !empty. Maybe this will fix the warnings?

Which version of Joomla, VirtueMart and PHP are you using on your server?

Sorry,
Reinhold

PS: It's strange that the PHP log warnings appear on top of your cart. Normally those warnings are harmless and are usually not displayed in the browser, but just logged in the web servers logfile.

Trying to get property of non-object in 08 Oct 2013 15:36 #11

• itbsltd
Hi,

I un-installed and re-installed the latest 3.3 version by logging in to your website, going to My Downloads section and I'm still getting the same errors...

I am using Joomla 2.5.14, VM 2.0.22a (This obviously needs updating very soon to 2.0.24)and PHP version 5.3.26..

It is strange as the cart is working out the correct shipping...

Its even stranger now... I just tested it as I have another standard VM shipping rule for international countries So I accessed my user and changed my country. The test worked fine and my shipping was correct when I then reverted back to the UK using your plugin the shipping charge was correct and no errors....

I then accessed the module to add a description line in for the shipping saved and closed and back came the errors...

Switched back to another country and they disappeared, switched back again to the UK and still no errors. Placed the order and all is fine...

Now I add something else to the cart to try again and back come the errors....???

Thanks

Trying to get property of non-object in 10 Oct 2013 12:01 #12

• itbsltd
I must say support for this plugin is very very poor and very very slow!!

Can you just simply tell me how to disable these notices?

The plugin is totalling correctly and working out the correct shipping costs based on the rules... I don't know what these errors are but they are not effecting anything so if they can be disabled then I can live with this plugin.

Thanks

A quick reply would be appreciated this ticket has only been active for a month!

Trying to get property of non-object in 11 Oct 2013 15:26 #13

Dear Matt,
Sorry for the frustration. I completely understand that you are frustrated that the plugin doeis nothing in the Joomlas not appear to work as expected. I am frustrated, too, because I simply cannot find the cause of the problem.

1) I cannot reproduce your problem on any of my test installations, even though I tried up and down. I have several stock VM installations (without any other third-party plugins, though).

2) Those warnings are internal PHP warnings that should never appear on the HTML cart page, but rather in the webserver's log file. Actually, AFAICS, there is nothing in the Joomla or VirtueMart code that would include the PHP warnings on the HTML page. So, there seems to be something special about your Joomla template or your VM cart module that includes internal PHP warnings in the HTML output. It is definitely not the default behaviour of Joomla and VM, so I can't help you here, either, because I am not able to reproduce this problems on my machines, either.

Previously, I was of the impression that you explicitly enabled a feature in your template and that you explicitly wanted those warnings to appear. That's why I focused on the cause of the warnings (which I don't understand, because the code explicitly checks whether the country is valis, so the database query for the country details should always return a valid country object) without success so far.

As I said, I have been able to get the warnings when trying to post an order on your machine, but I have not been able to reproduce the two problems (the warnings themselves, and the fact that they are printed on the HTML page rather than the server logs) on any of my installations with the stock Joomla and virtuemart components.
Actually, this (and the second item above) makes me think whether the problem might even be due to some interference between another component/module that you use and my plugin.

Currently, I really don't see any way how to debug such a problem, which I cannot reproduce and which should not appear as far as I understand the code. I will be able to fix the problem as soon as I'm able to reproduce the problem on a machine where I have access to the database and the server logs and where I can insert debug statements into the plugin code to track down why and where the checks go wrong.

As I said, I have tried to reproduce the problem on e.g. demo.kainhofer.com, but there I don't get any warnings at all. And the warnings in Joomla and Virtuemart are never inserted into the HTML, but are written to the webserver log, so I cannot tell you how to disable them, because I have no idea why they are inserted into the HTML page on your site...

Reinhold

PS: As you notices yourself, those warnings do not break the working of the plugin. Also, normally, they will only end up in the webserver log, so for any other user such warnings are not a big problem, because the buyers will (and should) never see them.

Trying to get property of non-object in 11 Sep 2014 02:10 #14

Dear Matt,
I was finally able to track down the cause of the problem: It was a nastly little bug in the VirtueMart code, where the internal cache to optimize database access was not properly handled.

I submitted the proper fix to the VirtueMart core developers for future VM releases, and also released a new version 4.2 of my shipping plugins that contain a workaround for existing VM versions.

So, please upgrade your plugin to version 4.2 and things should work.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: