VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pre-Sales Questions - Size and Category 14 Jun 2014 19:40 #1

• ckrzysieck
  • ckrzysieck's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I wonder if Advanced Shipping by Rules Plugin can use the shipping rules with respect to the following rules:

Articles of sizes: 40 x 30 | 50 x 40 | 60 x 40 | 70 x 50 | 80 x 50 | 80 x 60 | 90 x 60 | 100 x 50 = shipping price of 20$ for 5 articles; articles 6-10 25$.
Articles of sizes: 100 x 60 | 100 x 70 | 100 x 80 | 100 x 90 | 100 x 100 | 120 x 60 | 120 x 80 = shipping price of 25$ for 5 articles; articles 6-10 35$.

In addition, I would like to assign two categories of fixed price shipping for one product.
For example, a product in the category of X [id 4] should always have a fixed price of $ 30 shipping for the article.
When a customer buys two products in the category id = 4, then should have a shipping price of $ 60.
Does the Advanced Shipping to Rules Plugin is this possible?

Best regards,
Jurkiewicz
Attachments:

Pre-Sales Questions - Size and Category 19 Jun 2014 20:25 #2

If I understand you correctly, you want shipping costs calculated on a per-product basis.
Unfortunately, the plugin is NOT designed to handle such per-product/article shipping costs.

Sorry,
Reinhold

Pre-Sales Questions - Size and Category 19 Jun 2014 21:42 #3

• ckrzysieck
  • ckrzysieck's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you for your response.

I do not want a single product had a different price shipping, I want to make it for:
1) the dimension of the article
2) the quantity of purchased products
3) articles in the category id 4, which would have a fixed cost shipping $ 50 | Judging by the rule from your example, it would be possible "Name="Free shipping of Books only"; Categories==list(1234); Shipping=0"

On the basis of your embodiment seems to be possible:

First group items with dimensions: (article 1) 40 x 30 cm | (article 2) 50 x 40 cm | (article 3) 60 x 40 cm | (article 4) 70 x 50 cm | (article 5) 80 x 50 cm | (article 6) 80 x 60 cm | (article 7) 90 x 60 cm | (article 8) 100 x 50 cm = shipping cost of 20$ for 5 articles; shipping cost of 25$ for 6-10 articles; shipping cost of 25$ for 11-20 articles.
Second group items with dimensions: (article 9) 100 x 60 cm | (article 10) 100 x 70 cm | (article 11) 100 x 80 cm | (article 12) 100 x 9 cm0 | (article 13) 100 x 100 cm | (article 14) 120 x 60 cm | (article 15) 120 x 80 cm = shipping cost of 25$ for 5 articles; shipping cost of 35$ for 6-10 articles, shipping cost of 40$ for 11-20 articles.

In your example is a group called "Domestic small" = "First group" and "Domestic medium" = "Second group".
In my example, I would like to use the dimensions of the items to assign them to the appropriate group.
Shop will be selling boards that have different dimensions, therefore, important parameter is the size, not weight.
In my case, operate on the following parameters: TotalLength, TotalWidth, TotalHeight, TotalPackaging would probably be best.
Moreover, as someone will buy more boards, I'd like to give to give him a lower price for shipping (1-5 articles; 6-10 articles; 11-20 articles).
In the example you have used the parametr "amount" so it should not be a problem.
Attachments:

Pre-Sales Questions - Size and Category 07 Jul 2014 22:03 #4

Ah, I see. Unfortunately, your step "assign them to the appropriate group" means that you have to look at each article individually. In my plugin, however, you have only access to the whole cart values (i.e. sum of ALL lengths, maximum and minimum length). So you might be able to figure out whether an article of the second group is in the cart (by checking MaxLength or MaxWidth), but you cannot find out in the rules how many of these articles are in the cart!...

Sorry,
Reinhold
  • Page: