VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Addieren von Regel / to sum up different rules 24 Jul 2014 18:44 #1

• Fredman1210
  • Fredman1210's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, i create different rules and it dosnt function...
Its important, can anyone help me?

Name=Versand Wolle (Warensendung);Articles=>1;Articles<=4;MaxWeight=<19;Shipping=1.90
Name=Versand Wolle (Maxibrief);Articles=>5;Articles<=7;Shipping=2.40
Name=Versand Wolle (Päckchen);Articles=>8;MaxWeight=<19;Shipping=3.99
Name=Versand Zeitschriften (Maxibrief);26 in Categories OR 25 in Categories OR 27 in Categories;MinWeight=>20;Shipping=2.40

Thank you
Fredman1210

Addieren von Regel / to sum up different rules 24 Jul 2014 20:07 #2

Can you describe exactly which shipping cost structure you are trying to achieve?

As far as I am understanding your attempt, you are trying to implement something like the following:
-) If the customer orders only up to 4 pieces of wool (and nothing else), shipping is 1.90€
-) If the order contains 5, 6 or 7 (arbitrary) articles, shipping is 2.40
-) If the order conains more than 7 articles and all are lighter than 19, shipping is 3.99
-) OTHERWISE: If the order contains at least one article from categories 25, 26 or 27, and all articles are heavier than 20, shipping is 2.40

If you thing that through, there are lots of gaps. E.g. take an order with two articles, one with weight 1 and the other with weight 20. Then MaxWeight==20 and MinWeight==1, so none of the rules above will match...

So please try to describe the exact shipping costs in detail (NOT in technical detail, but in plain words, because that helps a lot in coming up with the proper rules).

What do you mean with the title "Addieren von Regel / to sum up different rules"? The plugin will always use one and only one rule (the first one that matches all conditions) to calulate the shipping cost for the whole order. So if the first rule matches (i.e. if the order contains 2 articles and all are lighter than 19, then the first rule WILL be used and the other rules will NOT even be considered...).

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: