VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

List of postal code SOLVED 19 Sep 2014 14:49 #1

• bebop
  • bebop's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,I would like to buy the advanced version.
I have to handle more than 1,000 postal codes and I did not understand a function that would interest me.
I need to create a list of postcodes and retrieve them in functions.
This mainly due to the limit of 19000 characters in VM2.
So for example:
I have 1000 codes:
(0008,0015,0479,0780,0889 .... 0950,1000) not in sequence,
(I can't use 0000<=ZIP<=1000)
I want to call this list of codes: "A",to write a rule like this:

name=noship to A;ZIP in list "A";noshipping ( not correct,but this is what I need)

I' can't write:
name=no ship to;ZIP in list(0008,0015,0479,0780,0889 .... 0950,1000);noshipping.

So my question is: how can I give the name "A" to the list of codes?
Is this possible?
You can kindly return the complete example with the correct syntax of all the steps?
Thanks in advance.

List of postal code 19 Sep 2014 23:40 #2

If I understand you correctly, you want to store the whole list of codes in a variable and then use "A" in many rules. Of course, you don't want to repeat the whole list of ZIP codes in every rule, as this would be way too long.

This is exactly the reason why I implemented custom variables in version 4.0 of the plugin (see the documentation: open-tools.net/documentation/shipping-by...html#customvariables ). For example:
Variable=A; Value=list(0008, 0015, 0479, 0780, 0889, 0950, 1000)
Name=no shipping of heavy orders to A; Weight>12345; ZIP in A; NoShipping
Name=Normal shipping to A; ZIP in A; shipping=9876

Does this solve your problem?

Best regards,
Reinhold

List of postal code 27 Sep 2014 16:44 #3

• bebop
  • bebop's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I need.Very simple.
The plugin is very functional, but now you should work on a user friendly interface ... no strings to write but only buttons to configure !!
;-)

[SOLVED] List of postal code SOLVED 02 Oct 2014 18:04 #4

Problem solved.

Regarding a click-and-drag user interface: It was a design decision from the very beginning to NOT try to build such a user interface, but base the whole plugin on strings describing the rules. The reason is that with a button-based user interface you immediately loose most of the flexibility that the plugin gives you right now. There are lots of other shipping plugins out there that try to provide a UI with buttons only. They usually work fine for the very purpose they are written for. But as soon as your shipping costs have one slight particularity, you are out of luck and cannot do it in the interface.

That's why I try not to restrict the functionality to what buttons can do. However, I tried to make the rules as easy to read as possible. Of course, there is always a learning curve with my approach, but in my eyes, the flexibility of the plugin far outweights that drawback.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: