VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free shipping for items in one defined category 27 Oct 2014 12:19 #1

• e75
  • e75's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,

I need to do something for this:

If someone buy an item in this category with a normal item of other category, the price for the shipping is the shipping price of the other item.

For example:

1 Chair - Shipping 20€
2 Chair - Shipping 40€

1 Cover - Shipping 20€

If 1 cover is bought with a chair the shipping will be 20€
If 2 covers are bought with 2 chairs the shipping will be 40€

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

Free shipping for items in one defined category 27 Oct 2014 23:57 #2

Hello,
I doubt that this can be done with my plugin at all. As I say on the plugin's homepage: The plugin is not designed to calculate shipping based on individual items, let alone combinations of two or more products.

Sorry, but for now this cannot be done.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping for items in one defined category 17 Nov 2014 12:28 #3

• e75
Ok...

Is there any way to know how many products I have in the cart of one category?

Thanks,
Davide

Free shipping for items in one defined category 22 Nov 2014 16:42 #4

With version 4.3 of the plugin, there is no way to obtain the number of articles of a given category.

In the upcoming version 5.0, I will add a function "evaluate_for_categories", which evaluates its first argument for only the products of the category/ies given as second argument. E.g. to get the number of articles from category 123 in the cart, you would simply use
evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 123)

However, I'm still testing that version locally and have not made it available. It introduces lots of changes quite deep in the plugin's logic, so there is quite some potential to break existing functionality (experience has taught me that users employ the plugin in ways I'd have never imagined!). So, I'll release a beta version 4.99 for testing in a few days, which should NOT be used on production systems, though.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping for items in one defined category 26 Nov 2014 18:48 #5

• e75
Thank you so much, I will try it! ;)
  • Page: