VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Please help the newbie with a rule 19 Mar 2015 03:37 #1

• kvo3369
  • kvo3369's Avatar Topic Author
I have just purchased Advanced Shipping by Rules and need help configuring my 1st rule:
We offer free shipping on orders over $99.95, but now we want that to apply to ONLY to category #56.
This is what I have tried, but it is not right.

Name="Free Shipping on clearance footwear over $99.95"; Categories==list(56); AND; 99.95<=Amount; Shipping=0

Can you please assist me?

Please help the newbie with a rule 22 Mar 2015 13:20 #2

Dear kvo3369,
IIUC, you want free shipping only for orders that contian ONLY category 56-products? The rule looks quite good, except that you don't need the "AND". All rule parts separated by a semicolon are implicitly chained together by an AND. So your rule should actually be:
Name="Free Shipping on clearance footwear over $99.95"; Categories==list(56); 99.95<=Amount; Shipping=0

Do you get any error messages, or does the rule simply not apply?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Please help the newbie with a rule 23 Mar 2015 12:33 #3

• kvo3369
  • kvo3369's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you, it seems to be calculating correctly now. I still had the "minimum amount for free shipping" in the usps configuration set for 99.95. I took that out and with your rule it is working.

But now once a condition is met, it gives the option of "free shipping" or to apply the shipping based on weight. Is there a way to make it force the rule if it is met rather than giving the option? (see screenshot below)

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please help the newbie with a rule 29 Mar 2015 13:43 #4

Dear kvo3369,
It seems to me that you actually created two shipping methods in the VM backend: one for the free shipping and one for USPS? Virtuemart will always let the user choose between all shipping methods that offer a shipping rate (even if one of them is free, VM will still show the others). The only way to make the USPS method disappear is if the method does not offer a shipping rate for the cases where you offer free shipping.

How exactly did you create the USPS shipping method? Are you using the USPS shipping plugin, or do you also use the shipping by rules plugin? If you are using the USPS shipping plugin, I'm not sure whether it has any configuration to disable USPS shipping under certain circumstances.
The main problem is that the VM core code handles all shipping method completely independent, so the USPS shipping plugin cannot know whether there are other valid shipping rates offered.

If you are using the shipping by rules plugin for the USPS method, too, then you can either simply combine those two to one shipping method, where the free shipping rule is the first rule (all other rules will be ignored if that rule already offers a shipping rate), or add similar conditions at the top of the USPS rules:
Comment=Free shipping offered, so hide USPS; Categories==list(56); 99.95<=Amount; NoShipping

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: