VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

can shipping by rules achieve the object? 25 May 2015 11:04 #1

• rueiruei.tw
  • rueiruei.tw's Avatar Topic Author
hello

I have two payment method named payment-A, payment-B, and two shipment methods named shipment-A, shipment-B then I want buyer who select payment-A can only select shipment-A.

can the plugin "shipping by rules" or "advanced shipping by rules" depend on the payment method condition to achieve the object?

I am considering to buy the plugin if it can solve my problem, thank you.

can shipping by rules achieve the object? 27 May 2015 22:55 #2

Dear Rueiruei,
Unfortunately, a shipping plugin in VirtueMart cannot depend on the payment method. The prime reason is that the shipping methods is selected first, so when the shipping costs are calculated, the user has not yet selected the payment...

Sorry,
Reinhold

can shipping by rules achieve the object? 11 Jun 2015 15:12 #3

• Tbb
Hi Reinhold,

I think 'achieve' means 'is the selected payment methos is readable by SRP'. I also need the possiblity to calculate the shipping costs depending on the selected payment method:

Vorkasse + DHL -> 6,90
Paypal + DHL -> 10,00

The is a simple and common solution to handle the costs of different payments systems.

Bye Thomas

can shipping by rules achieve the object? 12 Jun 2015 19:05 #4

Dear Tbb,
Unfortunately, that is not possible in VirtueMart, because when the shipping costs are determined (which is before the user selects the shipping method), the payment method is not yet selected. In particular, the sequenc of shipping/payment selection in VM is:
1) After an address is entered, VM asks each shipping plugin for possible shipping rates
2) VM displays these shipping rates and lets the user select the rate
3) VM then asks each payment plugin for possible payment method
4) VM displayes these payment methods and lets the user select

As you can see, the shipping rate is determined long before the use can select the payment method...

Sorry,
Reinhold

can shipping by rules achieve the object? 15 Jun 2015 13:00 #5

• Tbb
Hi Reinhold,

thanks for the clarification!

Bye Thomas
  • Page: