VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free shipping for orders over R3000.00 03 Jun 2015 13:42 #1

• slumley
  • slumley's Avatar Topic Author
HI,

Currently we offer free shipping for some of our suppliers, however one of the suppliers we need to offer free shipping for items over the value of R3000.00. Please can you assist in helping me with the codeing to add??

Name=Free Delivery; Condition=issubset(Manufacturers, list(7,17,81)); Shipping=0
Name=Free Delivery; Condition=issubset(Manufacturers, list(8)); Shipping=Price>3000=0

Curent setup.
Name=Free Delivery; Condition=issubset(Manufacturers, list(7,17,81)); Shipping=0
Definition=FuelPerc; Value=1.3
Definition=LocalRate; Value=3
Definition=RegRate; Value=8.3
Name=Local ({Weight}); Weight<

Free shipping for orders over R3000.00 09 Jun 2015 01:08 #2

Dear Slumley,
From your description I'm not sure whether I understand your problem correctly.
Do you want the free shipping only if all products in the order are from those manufacturers only? Then your first rule seems fine.

Regarding the manufacturer with ID 8: Do you need to offer free shipping if the sum of all products from that manufacturer is larger than R3000.00, or do you require each article to cost at least R3000.00?
In the first case, you can use a condition like
evaluate_for_manufacturers(amount, 8)>3000
I'm not sure there is a way to achieve the second case...

Also, I suppose that when the customer buys products from manufacturers 7 and 17, and also more than R3000.00 from manufacturer 8, then you also want to offer free shipping? What if the user orders for only R2000.00 from manufacturer 8? How do you have to calculate shipping costs in that case?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping for orders over R3500.00 09 Jun 2015 11:00 #3

• slumley
  • slumley's Avatar Topic Author
HI,

WE have use the following that seems to be working:

Name=Free Delivery; Condition=issubset(Manufacturers, list(8)); Shipping=0;3500<=Amount;Shipping=0
Definition=FuelPerc; Value=1.3
Definition=LocalRate; Value=3
Definition=RegRate; Value=8.3
Name=Local ({Weight}); Weight<=5; 0001

Please can you confirm if you think this is the correct way to do this? or would you rather do it a different way?

Free shipping for orders over R3500.00 12 Jun 2015 18:13 #4

Dear Slumley,
These rules work, if the user buys only products from manufacturer 8 or only from the manufacturers 7, 17 and 81.

What does not work is if the user buys products from manufacturer 8 and one of the other free shipping manufacturers. For this case, I would change your second free delivery rule to:
Name=Free Delivery; Condition=issubset(Manufacturers, list(7,8,17,81)); 3500<=evaluate_for_manufacturers(Amount, 8); Shipping=0

This means that all of the manufacturers 7,8,17 and 81 get free shipping, but only if the customer buys at least 3500 from manuracturer 8. Notice that the case where the customer buys only from manufacturers 7, 17 and 81 (and nothing from manufacturer 8) is already handled by the first rule.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: